• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your dream house?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION]'s conversation reminds me of stuff I saw on [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]'s tiny house blog. I'd heard of some of those websites via her research. :)

I've seen some great YouTube videos of people who live in tiny houses and apartments, demonstrating how they make very effective use of the space they have. Good stuff!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Other Pics)

Ah that's pretty.

nvnOcoo.jpg

OMG YES.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION]'s conversation reminds me of stuff I saw on [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]'s tiny house blog. I'd heard of some of those websites via her research. :)

I've seen some great YouTube videos of people who live in tiny houses and apartments, demonstrating how they make very effective use of the space they have. Good stuff!

:D The latest one I'm stuck on is the single-piece of furniture that does everything in a man's home in France that he converted from a garage.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:D The latest one I'm stuck on is the single-piece of furniture that does everything in a man's home in France that he converted from a garage.
:holy:

Where is that on the interwebs?? I wanna see!

I

Infinite Bubble

A small house in the country with a lake and a wood next to it. Very futuristic-looking furniture. A small room with a large window so I can be inspired by the sunset disappearing below the trees while I write a novel. An observatory at the back of the house, and at the front- a door that looks just like part of the wall. It would work as my spam filter.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Made of stone--sturdiest and safest material of the common ones I know. The second-story balcony thing they have a lot around here has grown on me, I love that look. But I'm also generally a believer in not wasting space (which is why I like my studio apartment right now). And the inside would be rather common and homey. My "dream home" also would be on a nice, large plot of land in a quiet, out-of-the-way, place. :)

Can't find a good picture of what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll take a picture of that house a few streets over.... :peepwall:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Made of stone--sturdiest and safest material of the common ones I know. The second-story balcony thing they have a lot around here has grown on me, I love that look. But I'm also generally a believer in not wasting space (which is why I like my studio apartment right now). And the inside would be rather common and homey. My "dream home" also would be on a nice, large plot of land in a quiet, out-of-the-way, place. :)

Can't find a good picture of what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll take a picture of that house a few streets over.... :peepwall:

I pictured a tiny castle in a nice, Irish-y landscape.

DSCN2349DSCN2349.jpg

Sy_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An old farmhouse somewhere in a secluded area. And a few acres of land with it so that I can garden and raise small animals.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've wanted a courtyard house every since I read up on roman architecture as a kid... and I'd want for it to be somewhere warm enough that I could leave all of the windows and doors into the courtyard open to let the outside indoors :)

no entryway into the courtyard except for through the house for extra privacy, one story and skylights, to let more sunshine in... I'd also like a pool for fish, water plants and a fountain (I like the sound of fountains) in the courtyard and some trees for shade... and windchimes :wubbie:

modern kitchen with an open design and I really want a convection stove and a full sized pantry and 2 bathrooms off of the master bedroom... I hate sharing :thelook:

and last but not least, NO CARPETING... I've always suspected carpet of being unsanitary and have always loved tile :heart:

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to live in like... an old military bunker. Completely concrete, underground, and dark. However, certain rooms would be like a normal home, but you would have to know where to look. I like dark creepy places. Oh, and the entrance would be a trap door in the middle of a seemingly abandoned lot... or something like that.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've wanted a courtyard house every since I read up on roman architecture as a kid... and I'd want for it to be somewhere warm enough that I could leave all of the windows and doors into the courtyard open to let the outside indoors :)

no entryway into the courtyard except for through the house for extra privacy, one story and skylights, to let more sunshine in... I'd also like a pool for fish, water plants and a fountain (I like the sound of fountains) in the courtyard and some trees for shade... and windchimes :wubbie:

modern kitchen with an open design and I really want a convection stove and a full sized pantry and 2 bathrooms off of the master bedroom... I hate sharing :thelook:

and last but not least, NO CARPETING... I've always suspected carpet of being unsanitary and have always loved tile :heart:

Can you post a courtyard house picture similar to what you have in mind? google images is failing me right now, but I am fairly sure I know what you are talking about. I frequently think about how lovely it would be to have a balcony overlooking the beach to sit at daily though..

Carpet is inviting like nothing else.. but the maintenance is just not worth it at all. Rugs can be placed all over the place and achieve the same thing while being easy to beat out, wash, and dry. To wash my floor daily in the bathroom I need only a steam mop and a few minutes. My carpet? I need a vacuum, carpet freshener, vacuum again, and THEN steam-mop it with an attachment so it can glide on the carpet. That whole process for as tiny of a room as I have takes about 20 minutes start to finish of dedicated cleaning. Ridiculous.

I'd like to live in like... an old military bunker. Completely concrete, underground, and dark. However, certain rooms would be like a normal home, but you would have to know where to look. I like dark creepy places. Oh, and the entrance would be a trap door in the middle of a seemingly abandoned lot... or something like that.

When I was a teenager and into my young adult age, I thought my dream house for sure was the Addam's family home if it had a love child with the house they had in the movie Casper. I have a deep affection for places that make other people creeped out and uncomfortable. I'm still unsure of how to satisfy that urge in my current house plans except to go balls-deep in Halloween decor yearly.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can you post a courtyard house picture similar to what you have in mind? google images is failing me right now, but I am fairly sure I know what you are talking about. I frequently think about how lovely it would be to have a balcony overlooking the beach to sit at daily though..

Carpet is inviting like nothing else.. but the maintenance is just not worth it at all. Rugs can be placed all over the place and achieve the same thing while being easy to beat out, wash, and dry. To wash my floor daily in the bathroom I need only a steam mop and a few minutes. My carpet? I need a vacuum, carpet freshener, vacuum again, and THEN steam-mop it with an attachment so it can glide on the carpet. That whole process for as tiny of a room as I have takes about 20 minutes start to finish of dedicated cleaning. Ridiculous.

carpet is the bane of my existence as far as cleaning the house goes... I have a dog-like aversion to the sound of the vacuum cleaner :doh:

and a balcony would be nice, but I couldn't sit on it naked without strangers ogling :dry:

here's an example of a courtyard house layout, but that many bedrooms would be unnecessary! :laugh:

Olivia's+Court+Yard+3.jpg

Attachments

• Olivia's+Court+Yard+3.jpg
    Olivia's+Court+Yard+3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 145

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Medium sized home, in the middle of green rolling hills (like in Connecticut).. with a 3 story art studio tree house.

My dream home would consist of a small photography studio, a painting studio, and digital media room.

I'd also have my little microgreens garden (hydroponics), and solar powered panels to run the aqua garden. I'd love a small library, and a cool kitchen stocked with a bunch of culinary supplies. A small fish pond isn't so bad.

I'd like a little cottage type decor with plush couches mixed with modern. I'd have lots of windows, and a room with a skylight to see the stars at night.

A miniature green house would be perfect too. Oh, and a bouncy house~ Speakers all around the house, with lotsa base!