• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my pomchi killed a cat that came into my yard

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i have a Labrador and pomchi, sweet as can be. i walked into the yard to pick up some leaves and found a dead body of a recently killed cat and both my dogs staring at me, wagging their tails. both their bowls completely filled with food, warm dog house. the pomchi sleeps inside and eats well, and yet i see a dead cat at my feet..im a little shocked and sad. little ambivalent toward my babies, especially the pomchi. she seems to be the mastermind behind the deaths of ducks, crows, cats, rabbits, rats, squirrels...she is a killer

this is what she looks like

stock-photo-cute-little-chihuahua-pomeranian-mix-dog-on-brown-background-13103083.jpg

she knows how to open doors....

on a serious note, im a bit shocked that she can take a life with great ease and how very much alive and kicking that killer instinct is in her though she is extremely domesticated.....or so i thought.......................:shock:

anyway, i m sure someone is missing a cat and wishing for it to return home. trying to figure out, how to unveil this news...

suggestions??

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I live on a farm with rescue dogs, and ultimately it's just something you get used to. Dogs, like small children, still have the potential to accidentally take lives and not fully understand the implications for their actions. In fact, we recently had one of our favorite cats killed when they caught her sleeping up under the porch (sometimes at night she'd run out the door when we let one of our older dogs to pee) and had her neck snapped when they rushed her.

It's not intentional, your dog isn't necessarily a bloodlusting monster. Animals are just animals, a strange creature came into the yard and your dog got a little overexcited about it. One time I had a lab that picked up a box turtle who would come for visits occasionally and was just walking around with it in her mouth like it was a tennis ball.

As far as how to get the news out, I'd put up posters with a description in the general neighborhood just saying that you know the whereabouts of a missing cat. Be very careful with the wording that way, you don't want to imply that you have the cat by saying "Found a lost cat".

Technically you found it, but that gets peoples' hopes up...

If it wasn't wearing a collar though, I wouldn't put too much effort into it. There's a ton of strays around that come from absolutely nowhere. It's not worth getting people worked up over that their missing cats are dead when it's nobody's cat to begin with, right?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Lolwhoops.

Poor kitteh. :(

If it wasn't wearing a collar though, I wouldn't put too much effort into it. There's a ton of strays around that come from absolutely nowhere. It's not worth getting people worked up over that their missing cats are dead when it's nobody's cat to begin with, right?

I pretty much think this, too. And honestly, with a poster you may be getting people's hopes up, like tkae. said, without good reason.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That sucks. I'd probably avoid putting up a poster (false hope, possible harassment if you're open about the details) but would keep my eyes out for lost cat posters in the area.

Kind of a long shot but your local humane society might have some suggestions. They probably get those calls every so often.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kind of a long shot but your local humane society might have some suggestions. They probably get those calls every so often.
^ This. Not just about the cat, but about the pomchi. If your dog can open doors and is out there killing large game for fun, you may want to figure out a way to keep her inside, or nip her new hobby in the bud.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is it terrible that I find this kind of awesome?

Yeah yeah the poor cat/cat owners etc but still... I can just imagine that little dog taking on a big, hissing cat, and it's pretty fricking badass. :D