• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me With This Ingredient

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Every time I do my favourite soup :wubbie:(creamy corn soup) I end up with 200ml of coconut milk and no idea what to do with it, so I make curry chicken (again)...

Any different ideas about what can I do with it? Pretty please.

cat.jpg

make coconut rice. it's delicous. i've posted the recipe somewhere on here i can find it i don't remember it all off the top of my head

here it is. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/home-garden-and-nature/21633-bake-cook-20.html#post2462733 post #1950 it's from a florida cookbook probably my favorite rice recipe my second favorite being the greek one that the rice is cooked in lemon juice dill and butter. with water of course. I use a brand from the asian store because those tend to be the best even though i can't read most of the label, but for 1000s of years most people were illiterate and still ate. :shrug:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Every time I do my favourite soup :wubbie:(creamy corn soup) I end up with 200ml of coconut milk and no idea what to do with it, so I make curry chicken (again)...

Any different ideas about what can I do with it? Pretty please.

cat.jpg
I like prplchknz' idea about coconut rice. Also, even in small amounts, it's a good addition to any kind of curry/soup that you want to make a bit creamier.

This would be a good one: Cold Comfort | The Traveler's Lunchbox
(it's one of my go-to lentil recipes and I'm kind of obsessed with it.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I did a google search for a pic... :rolleyes:

I do know what they're like, as I live around the corner from a vietnamese restaurant that we frequently order takeout from and my friend's husband's mother (who is from vietnam) spent an afternoon teaching us to make them a few years ago...

I suppose that you're totally right to go around and be irrationally picky in a thread about food just to annoy people though... that's super awesome of you :holy:

seriously... the post is nearly 2 years old, to dredge something up just to whine about a picture and wording in a FOOD thread when this isn't a food forum is just a bit much... :thelook:

*is not in the mood for being annoyed*

this post is almost a year old and i would dredge it up on the 3rd but i'd forget.

funny how things happen exactly one year a part, now you should reply to this in october 2016