• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do we have any animal doctors in the house? pro help needed.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So my doggy is super unwell :cry:

He has been admitted to the animal hospital. They have said that they are hopeful he will pull through but i'm wanting to get some real info as i always feel palmed off with the regular nonsense drivel.

Have googled symptoms, visited pet health sites etc but without much sucess as he has several symptoms that are coming up singularly but not together.

I can give symptoms but would prefer to do that via pm rather that publicly.

Anyone here up on animal illnesses & prognosis? ...or a vetenary surgeon/nurse?

Thanks you's.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am no vet but I used to work at an Animal Clinic as an assistant, fwiw.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not a doctor but, oh wow. :cry: I'm so sorry to hear that.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He made it through the night which is a big sigh of relief.

Waiting on vets to do their rounds for more specific diagnosis.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He made it through the night which is a big sigh of relief.

Waiting on vets to do their rounds for more specific diagnosis.

:nice:

He is a tough cookie. Don't fret too much, my dear :hug:
Im sure you will know more soon enough and hopefully he can come back home very soon.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:nice:

He is a tough cookie. Don't fret too much, my dear :hug:
Im sure you will know more soon enough and hopefully he can come back home very soon.

Been trying to get through to these people for hours, it's getting ridiculous. Hum ho will carry on trying.

I suppose no news is good news.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Been trying to get through to these people for hours, it's getting ridiculous. Hum ho will carry on trying.

I suppose no news is good news.

WTF...you mean they arent even answering the phone? :shock:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WTF...you mean they arent even answering the phone? :shock:

After two and a half hours of calling every few minutes i finally got through, apparently they had no calls for nearly three hours...:mad:

They are not sure if it's Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis or Parvovirus.

So i got through at 4.30 after calling since 2pm and they want me to call back after 5pm.

I honestly think the guy i spoke to didn't have a fucking clue... Jesus, i really need to understand what is going on.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just had a real life friend nurse her 9 month old puppy through Parvo. She works as a nurse and has done 4H work with her daughter, so she felt comfortable treating her dog at home. She had to give lots of subcutaneous fluids and antibiotic injections. Parvo is a tough one to get through, though. It tends to be harder on the young pups.

My heart goes out to you. I hope your dog pulls through and that the vet you're using starts communicating better with you. Are you able to go and spend time with your dog while he's at the vet? Every vet I've gone to allows visits while your pet is hospitalized. It might also encourage your vet to communicate better, since they see you there. That, or find another vet who will communicate with you.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So sorry to hear about your doggy being sick. It must be very hard.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just had a real life friend nurse her 9 month old puppy through Parvo. She works as a nurse and has done 4H work with her daughter, so she felt comfortable treating her dog at home. She had to give lots of subcutaneous fluids and antibiotic injections. Parvo is a tough one to get through, though. It tends to be harder on the young pups.

My heart goes out to you. I hope your dog pulls through and that the vet you're using starts communicating better with you. Are you able to go and spend time with your dog while he's at the vet? Every vet I've gone to allows visits while your pet is hospitalized. It might also encourage your vet to communicate better, since they see you there. That, or find another vet who will communicate with you.

My regular vet is situated within the notting hill carnival boundaries so had it's windows boarded up and was completely closed. There is an emergency service but would have taken a hellishly long time to reach because of having to go right around the carnival boundaries. Not to mention the difficulties of finding a vet on a bank holiday monday.

So i phoned around and took him to the rspca. It operates slightly differently from my vet (which is private), because it's a charity. The service is poor in comparisson and i still have to pay (and i do not begrudge it at all) but it's a brilliant service if you have no alternative in an emergency. Much like the NHS.

I have to wait until after lunch tomorrow to phone back and find out the latest news and to see if we can visit. They said he was in isolation and we would have to go in suited and booted if allowed.

Honestly though i will be phoning my vet tomorrow, if i don't get some communication flow, to ask their opinion and if necessary will see if i can get him transferred.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They said he was in isolation and we would have to go in suited and booted if allowed.

I can understand this if it's Parvo and they're afraid of it spreading to the general dog population. It's a nasty virus. But, also, seeing you might help keep your dog's spirits up. I know my cats did better when I visited them. I hope you're able to spend some time with him. If it's going to be a long hospitalization, I would ask if it's possible to bring something expendable from home to put in your dog's kennel/cage, like a blanket or a toy. I say expendable because it might have to be thrown out if he has something that's very contagious. But something familiar from home also helps to lift their spirits. Just a thought.

:hug:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am going to collect my boy now!

They are concerned he is not eating and want me to bring him home so he is comfy, if he dosn't eat at home i will need to take him back but they said he is a bit chirpier...being at home is the best thing... i have bought chicken and fish which i will give to him in drips and drabs to build him up to eating again.... *yays*!!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am going to collect my boy now!

They are concerned he is not eating and want me to bring him home so he is comfy, if he dosn't eat at home i will need to take him back but they said he is a bit chirpier...being at home is the best thing... i have bought chicken and fish which i will give to him in drips and drabs to build him up to eating again.... *yays*!!!

Yessss :D

Pamper him up good, girl, with lots of cuddles, food and peace and quiet in between!

If need be, they can probably forcefeed him, but its better for both his physical and mental wellbeing that he feels comfortable enough to eat on his own ;)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He is still pretty floored but a tad brighter today, by that i mean he managed to walk around a couple of times befor slumping out again. Still has sore tum but did eat a few morsels and managed to keep meds down.

So thats his chart done, i prescribe more snuggles. Gosh all the main males in my life right now are just crazy for the snuggles.

That must be my superhero power!!

:hug: oohhh yeah