• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Show Me Stuff You Created!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess it wouldn't hurt to let out a few of my projects... I'll be back in this thread later to post some.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My project in the making: My comic book script.

Projects I should post pictures of: My house renovations, that time I made a working carousel entirely out of cardboard.. uh..

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i finally got my website done. its the only link in my signature.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, stuff that came from me?

Well, one of my internet alias' is all over Russian websites now, And I don't even know Russian! I've been pretty big on making fanmade bugfixes for the game Arcanum. Since, someone else has taken over the job and finalize what I had started though and I've nothing to do with it anymore.

That's about the only thing I started that really got out though. How INTP of me. :D

Most of my achievements on the net have been personal achievements and not community achievements. :p

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm doing lots of things at the same time right now. I'm writing two stories, I'm working on a theatre project and I'm planning a movieproject that I'm going to put on YouTube. I just had a week off, but I didn't work on those projects. Well, one night I got bored and I made a painting. It's not really what you call a project, but I'll show it anyway:

image-upload-1-709808.jpg

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would put some of my avatar clothing work here but then I would just have to explain that I didn't design the avatars.. or the world... or... oh never mind.

G

garbage

that time I made a working carousel entirely out of cardboard.. uh..

You're gonna have to spill it on this one. What was this for? Did you paint all of the seats?

i finally got my website done. its the only link in my signature.

This looks pretty nice! It 404ed a few days ago but it appears that that's fixed.

(and program in HTML)

I'm into HTML/web design as well, but many of my graphical designs are way too simple. I'd love to learn to DRAW or STYLE or ART in some of my designs!

Well, one of my internet alias' is all over Russian websites now, And I don't even know Russian! I've been pretty big on making fanmade bugfixes for the game Arcanum. Since, someone else has taken over the job and finalize what I had started though and I've nothing to do with it anymore.

Game programmin', even Russians appreciate it! :cheers:

I'm doing lots of things at the same time right now. I'm writing two stories, I'm working on a theatre project and I'm planning a movieproject that I'm going to put on YouTube. I just had a week off, but I didn't work on those projects. Well, one night I got bored and I made a painting. It's not really what you call a project, but I'll show it anyway:

image-upload-1-709808.jpg

I like the painting! It gives off a vibe of being done with highlighters. Let us know when your other stuff is on YouTube! :nice:

I would put some of my avatar clothing work here but then I would just have to explain that I didn't design the avatars.. or the world... or... oh never mind.

I'm not sure what this means.. like, clothes for video game avatars? Basically, what do you mean by "avatar" at all?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:blush: it was for my sister's birthday. I built it for 8 months in my room. When you cranked the handle, the whole contraption moved in a huge circle, and the individual horses and such moved up and down as well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am trieing to build a cnc mill. Initially I wanted to built a turf cutting robot and already got a prototype board soldered. But then I met the very intresting thing to formulate a mathematical equation for a control of an electric engine to mill something exact to the nanometer. The thing is, when you cut the power to the engine it still keeps turning a bit until it rests and therefore you'll mill your piece of steel further than you want. So you need to control engineer it to the exact point you want it to stop.

At the rate I am going off on various intresting things I am never gonna finish a thing, here tho are some pictures of a cnc mill:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-blogs/18164-dovetail-groove-13.html#post1005128

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would rather not show any of my writing, since it's in various stages of incompletion and I want to publish it first. Instead I'll show you these gorgeous drawings I made with the help of some pixel programs:

s.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

fd134256.gif

The first one I call "Ralph," the second one I call "Portrait of a Young Conservative," and the last one I call "Thing-that-wasn't-supposed-to-resemble-a-you-know-what."

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ok, so I'm not creative enough to design/invent my own yet, but I can follow instructions :tongue:

zebray.jpg

p1241943.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here are my two most recent attempts at being a handyman. :pumpyouup:

My approach is as follows:

(1) I usually get into project mode when I want something that is overpriced in the common market (especially due to how flimsy most stuff is nowadays), not up to my eccentric design specs, and because I like things to be snazzy, and not dull and boring, I'm an SP damn it. :D

(2) I do not have an extensive set of tools at my disposal. So, I buy precursors that are as close to my desired specs as possible. For instance pinewood panels used to remodel my kids' closets, instead of plywood cut to fit. The panels have rigid corners and are not warped, thus allowing for a much nicer finished product in half the time.

(3) The only tools I use are a power drill, a palm sander, a scrolling orbital jig saw. Other than that it's a hammer, screwdrivers, level, wrenches, ratchet, hand saw, etc., simple stuff.

Here's my kids' closets:
20080802053.jpg

20080802041.jpg

Here's a music production desk I made for my digital audio workstation (DAW).

Conceptual_Drawing_01.jpg

I bought a desk with an L-shaped design, a scrap piece of red oak at a hardware store for $8, some stain, some silver spray paint, and a big ass pine board for the vertical racks to lift the oak off the top of the pre-fab. desk.

DAW_desk_project002.jpg

DAW_desk_project003.jpg

DAW_desk_project005.jpg

DAW_desk_project_pt2001.jpg

April_2008086.jpg

April_2008085.jpg

DAW_desk_project_pt3001.jpg

I then reinforced the bottom of the pre-fab. desk. with some spare 1x2's I had laying around as the equipment is heavy.

DAW_desk_project_pt5021.jpg

The finished product, a fully functional workstation to mix some mad music. :party2:

DAW_desk_project_pt5014.jpg

Cheers!

:cheers:

-Halla

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i take pictures

<link deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you use water-based and oil-based Minwax?

No, I did not. The "Polyshades" stain has polyeurethane in it, and claims to be sufficient as a stain and protective varnish. BUT - I've used it before and it does not leave a tough enough or glossy enough finish for my purposes. I need stuff to be able to hand existing in an active environment. I'm frequently messing with cables and moving stuff here and there to accomodate whatever it is I am doing, so I added a top coat of clear polyeurethane once the "Polyshades" was apllied a few times and dried. The color came out almost identical to the pre-fab. desktop panels, so I'm happy with the results, and it didn't cost me much to set it all up.

Here's an idea of what a RTB production looks like. This is a middle of the road model. It is expensive, made out of pressboard, and really uncomfortable for someone of my height as it has a stupid panel on the floor of the desk, which I am assuming is to provide additional structural support to the hulking mass of particle board that makes the bulk of the rest of the desk:

$200 for this? :thumbdown:
375557.jpg

Also, keep in mind that this model is only one desktop, with one elevated shelf. Mine has two desktops, and two shelves, one that came with it for lighter equipment, and then the hulking monster that I built atop of it to support the mass of the speakers on either end, and to provide a framework to place the rack equipment in. :newwink:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I also write screenplays, hopefully they can be used one day. :D This is one scene that I'm not sure of if I'll ever use it. I wrote this at school, after my class mates started acting like idiots when someone didn't do his homework properly. When I just finished it, I showed it to a girl who wanted to read it. She didn't get it. The only thing she asked was "Why did Mees have this big handwriting?" Aaaaargh. I'll keep this for a while, who knows I'll ever make up a good story in which I can use it.

Teacher Chris is checking if his pupils (16-17 year olds) made their homework properly. Whenever someone made it well, Chris puts a sticker on their head, which makes the pupil happy.
Chris: Well done, Coco. Here is your sticker! (Coco smiles. Chris goes to the next table.) So, Stijn, let's see if you've done your homework right. (Checks Stijn's homework.) O my, Stijn, why haven't you done excercise 6b?
Stijn: I didn't understand it, sir.
Chris: You didn't understand it? Children, please tell Stijn what a person who hasn't done excercise 6b is.
Class: (singing: ) Homo, homo, Stijn is a homo!
Chris: Well done, class! Stijn, you don't get a sticker today!
Lieke: Sir, Mees's handwriting is too big!
Chris: Oh, is it? Let's take a look! (checks Mees's homework) Good heavens! Your handwriting IS too big!
Class: Betrayer! (class starts throwing shoes at Mees)
Chris: (after the shoe throwing stops) Vivienne, your shoes. (Vivienne sighs, takes off her shoes and throws them at Mees) Well done, class! Lieke, you are getting two stickers today! Which ones do you want?
Lieke: I want Pluto!
Chris: Two times? Are you sure you don't want Piglet?
Lieke: I said I want Pluto!
Chris: Here you are! One on your forehead ans one on your nose.
Lieke: Yay!
Chris puts tthe stickers on Lieke's forehead and nose. He continues checking homework. Then he sees Erik-Jan's work. It shocks him.
Chris: Erik-Jan?
Erik-Jan: Yes, sir?
Chris: Why didn't you do your homework?
Erik-Jan: My sister just gave birth yesterday. She got a son, Luc. I paid them a visit, helped them around.
Chris: So you think that becoming an uncle is a good reason to forget about your homework?
Erik-Jan: I didn't even think about it, to be honest.
Chris: Class, what do you think of this behaviour?
The class freaks out and beats up Erik-Jan. Then they lift Erik-Jan up and climb up the roof of the school. Chris follows them.
Chris: As you see, your classmates do not like the fact that you didn't do your homework yesterday. It's a selfish and foolish act and you shall not remain unpunished! Children, drop him.
Erik-Jan gets thrown off the roof. Chris and the pupils go back inside. Only Vivienne looks down quickly to see if Erik-Jan is okay. When she sees him lying on the ground she gets terrified, but then she follows her classmates back inside, afraid to get punished too.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQHs-P_xE4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQHs-P_xE4[/YOUTUBE]

we were like, 17 then!

G

garbage

screenplay

Holy crap, this is awesome!

You have to love how a slight bit of absurdity in everyday situations can be magnified to be sarcastically entertaining :popc1:

I applied the same concept in a song I wrote, intended to depict an overblown "end of the world," "we're all gonna die" mentality.. inspired by how some traffic was reacting to a power outage.

Natural Steady State
Blighted urban settlements
Ineffective parliaments
Pandemonium, chaos, anarchy, and hate
Welcome to our natural steady state

Criminals control the land
Commandeering all they can
Our laws become mere guidelines that cannot arbitrate
Between us and our natural steady state

(Instrumental)

Say your prayers by candlelight,
Your mumblings dire and contrite
But no amount of absolution will change your fate
'Cause this is your natural steady state

The last resort is quarantine
To isolate the leprosy
That is the whole God-forsaken human race
Left to writhe in its natural steady state

(Instrumental)

Bridge:
Sirens blaring
If you're daring
You can try to make it home
Tension building
It's quite thrilling
To be left to fend alone
(And you said our fears were overblown!)

You might think we've gone astray
But entropy's the only way
It's inevitable, so we might as well await
Degradation to the natural steady state

The earth will kill us 'cause it will not tolerate
Our violent, destructive, natural steady state

I'm actually in the process of recording the thing now, which has been difficult because I don't actually have a band at the moment and am doing everything myself :doh: