• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Show Me Stuff You Created!

G

garbage

*bump*

A triumph in miniature scale

holy crap, how do you go about that sort of detail? .. on what appears to be paper? Good work!

I'm big into smaller projects nowadays. Latest thing, just started today, is a phone app that does this:
tumblr_lwfptdHq7T1qzccclo1_500.png

Press a button, speak some words, and it sends you an email and/or puts the thing you said into your Google Tasks. It's meant for very, very quick reminders. It pretty much works.. just gotta rough out all the kinks in it.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
holy crap, how do you go about that sort of detail? .. on what appears to be paper? Good work!

I have what is called a swivel knife that you can use to cut as if you are writing with a pen. Was still a pain to cut all those circles and stuff. The photo is zoomed out so you can't see the defects :)
And yup, it's A4 sized paper but a bit heavier at 120gsm instead of the regular 80.

I'm big into smaller projects nowadays. Latest thing, just started today, is a phone app that does this:

Press a button, speak some words, and it sends you an email and/or puts the thing you said into your Google Tasks. It's meant for very, very quick reminders. It pretty much works.. just gotta rough out all the kinks in it.

Nice. Speech interfaces are fun to play around with. Did some research work with it a couple of years back but the tech was not as stable/accurate then. So will we see a Siri beater soon? :)

G

garbage

Nice. Speech interfaces are fun to play around with. Did some research work with it a couple of years back but the tech was not as stable/accurate then. So will we see a Siri beater soon? :)

Hah, I wish. My thing is focused on reminders, for people who need such a focus. A typical use case is whenever you think of something and want a handy way to get it jotted down. It'll automatically tag entries and all of that nonsense too, I suppose.

Another project: I'm trying to learn how to draw. Sort of. In that I have a "How to Draw" book that I thumbed through but got too impatient with it and did my own thing.
RmRce.png

I do not take full credit for the dialog.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My longest ongoing project is this scattered "write dump" where I write short stories and ideas for stories, skeletons of stories, and character skeletons but never full fleshed stories. I have a guitar that I can't seem to stick with, a half a scarf that I tossed because I got frustrated with knitting, 3 or 4 pages in a scrap book, and a buncha really pretty pictures. And some xtranormal videos. I'll check back in about 10 years to see where this all goes. I can't draw either!!

Oh lament.

:fpalm:

A sample from write dump:

12/27/11
Janes about 9 years old sitting on the edge of a cliff, flirting with the weather, flirting with the nearby daisy. Because she loves to dream and she loves to think and she doesn’t want to go. She hangs her legs over the valley down below and she watches the birds fly in circles below her feet and she wonders if the homes in the valley are all there is and about the Anybody who will take her into their arms. And she throws her arms to the threatening sky and screams to whoever is there, and hoping for an ear to emerge from the sky. Instead the water comes down and her tears falls down and the lightning surpasses to the valley. And she jumps to the bolt to swing to the other side. A dangerous worthy ride. This is a modern love story. It’s also an old fashioned love story, two incompletes.

(I laughed just rereading that, the "write dump" should actually be called "The Incompletes."

(Jane's supposed to somehow end up in some magical dimension on the other side of the valley and God only knows what was going to happen there but maybe I'll figure it out someday. She may not even fall in love, that line just popped out in the middle of writing.)

G

garbage

My current computer game project has a mostly Super Mario Bros. 2/3 feel to it. The combined dynamic of powerups and picking-up-and-throwing-stuff lends to some creative combinations of tools and the powerups that let you manipulate them. I have no idea if or when that one will get done, but it's a team effort.. which is easier overall.

Holy crap this was almost two years ago.

Well, right now, I'm gutting what I had and completely rewriting it. Following represents a test of new graphics shoved into the old engine:

Centuple Trouble!
It's a game! Side-scroller inspired by Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3, Kirby, Bomberman, and other beloved series.

The whole deal is that you pick up Items that you can hurl at enemies or that affect how you traverse the levels. Offensive Items include standard Dirt Blocks that break upon impact, Solid Blocks that don't, Ice Blocks that keep on sliding along, Bombs that explode, Heat-Seekers that seek out the nearest enemy, etc. Balloons give you a floaty jump deal, Jetpacks let you maintain your vertical height, Rubber Balls let you maintain your vertical momentum (so that you can bounce from high places), Rockets propel you forward at a very high speed, and so on.

Powerups are in the form of Costumes, which affect how you interact with Items. A Cowboy can grab Items from afar with his lasso, a Pitcher can aim his throws and pitch very long distances, a Magician can magically stow an Item away in reserve, a Psychic can telekinetically move thrown Items, and a Miner can conjure up Dirt Blocks at any time.

Mounds (of dirt, etc.) mostly give you Dirt Blocks, but they may have other surprises as well.

So, proper handling of Items is key for this game.

The story is that you're a five-year-old who was left in charge of all 100 of your baby cousins by your irresponsible parents. Since you're an equally irresponsible five-year-old, they all get kidnapped and so you have to go off and rescue them.

In fact, in each level, your Baby Cousin is an Item that must be picked up and carried to the exit in order to complete it.

T3Bej.png

I started on this project years ago, abandoned it for a while, and am now in the process of rethinking it.

I'm workin' on incorporating hand-drawn colored pencil graphics in my game to replace the more classic game style that you also see here. Tiles in the current graphics engine are currently 16x16, and they will need to be 32x32 or larger to show all of the detail. I'll also probably have to redraw the existing colored pencil graphics.

In the player's hands is a Dirt Block, beside him is a Balloon (I need bigger graphics to represent the string). Underneath, in order, are a Boomerang, a Solid Block, Ice Block; costumes Miner, Cowboy, Pitcher, Magician, Psychic.

I also need to come up with a really cute design for the main character. Like, absolutely adorable.

I'm doing some tricks with OpenGL. Tiles are now all 80x80, so plenty of detail there. The main engie needs some work too.

Current progress: I have a square that can jump around. Geez, it's gonna take a while to rewrite everything I had before.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I give up.Oil pastels are a pain in the ass, esp the thick 11mm ones I have. You win, THERE I SAID IT!!

/kills self

Alright, so I'm bad a quitting...

Oil pastels. The bane of my existence. I'm not using these fuckers again for a long time.

ballerinacopy.jpg

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Alright, so I'm bad a quitting...

Oil pastels. The bane of my existence. I'm not using these fuckers again for a long time.

ballerinacopy.jpg

Hmmm, your tenacity impresses me, as does your artwork.

Oh, and don't get too worked up over the oil pastels. Acrylic paint makes me scream.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here are some Feather hair clips I made a couple months ago :). I haven't really done any other projects since then :( this must change immediately!

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Last edited:

Silveresque

A collage I made from magazine cut-outs. I wish the picture quality was better though. It was kind of hard to hold the camera still...

Picture6.jpg

Anaita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
First three were posted before in the blog.
Some of music pieces made:

Music Piece 1
Music Piece 2
Music Piece 3
Music Piece 4
Music Piece 5

Have you ever considered finding instrumentalists to play some of these for a recording? I like 3 and 4 particularly, because while the writing on everything is quite nice they sound the most organic. I think it'd elevate it a lot if you were to have some live strings and a good drummer with some more dynamics. Anyway, it's very nice.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have you ever considered finding instrumentalists to play some of these for a recording? I like 3 and 4 particularly, because while the writing on everything is quite nice they sound the most organic. I think it'd elevate it a lot if you were to have some live strings and a good drummer with some more dynamics. Anyway, it's very nice.
The idea to bring about instrumentalists to play the songs in order to give a more natural feel towards it had not gone unthought of. However, it is not as simple as it is to say. Making the music is a simple past-time hobby. To gather willing and capable professionals, rent recording studios and invest more time, effort and money to do such may detriment quite the amount of factors within current life. Ah, but look at me making excuses. Not the most willing individual am I? Though yes, in an non-pressuring time range where I am well off in finances the consideration will strengthen.

ChihuahuaRevolt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Lets share!

I think it would be really fun for us all to share our talents with each other! Everyone is good at something, be it writing, drawing, music, whatever! If you have written a story, post it! If you have created any type of art, upload a picture!

You dont have to be great at it....this is just for fun!

I love music for example....I suppose I could start the thread by posting my own video. Just keep in mind again Im really not that great, so go easy on me. :wubbie:

Like I said.....for funsies!

Bah my recording thing messed up so I couldnt re-do this...I messed up at the end but I have to hold true to my promise to post so....here ya go.

Dont leave me alone guys!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx