• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Favourite Indian Food

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chicken Curry
Chicken Saag or Saag Gosht
Chana Masala
Samosas
Nan Bread

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
OMG naan :wub:
Also shahi paneer.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess it's time to confess; I call [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] chickpea hehe

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
saag paneer
aloo gobi
paneer naan
paratha naan
mango lassi

For some reason I almost alway order vegetarian when I'm in an Indian resteraunt. Mmmm.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tandoori chicken and naan.

Lark

Curry?

I like Lamb Madras, although the local has been heavier on some sort of green leaf herb rather than chilli oil lately. I love properly hot food. And pela rice.

I also love peshwari naan, the coconut one, although they have been yellow on the inside for some reason, like saphron has been messed into them lately.

They gave me free popadoms and onion dip and plumb sauce dip the last day.

(I can spell shit BTW, also I dont know what some of the things people are talking about are or what they taste like)

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I also love peshwari naan, the coconut one, although they have been yellow on the inside for some reason, like saphron has been messed into them lately.
Mmmmm pashwori naan! I like that too.

Lark

Mmmmm pashwori naan! I like that too.

Its a good sweet accompaniment to the scalding hot madras, the one I get from the local take away is usually folded over and has like a melted sugar glaze on it. The naan not the madras.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
coconut curry (with lamb or chicken); palak paneer; vegetable samosas with potatoes, onion, and peas; garlic naan with raita

P

Phantonym

Shahi paneer korma, lassi, kulfi.

I'm not a fan of curry dishes, though. One bite and I can't taste anything for hours after that.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Saag paneer

Mutter paneer

DOSA

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Any paneer dish. YUM.

Lamb korma. YUM.

Vegetable naan. YUM.

Samosas. YUM.

Honestly, I never met an Indian dish I didn't like. My sister's husband is from Tamil Nadu (south India- most Indian cuisine in the states is north Indian) and her mother-in-law is an AMAZING cook. She made this "butter chicken" dish once, and my sister asked her to make it less spicy than she usually makes it so we could eat it, lol. It was still really, really spicy. Oh my gosh was it good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Naan and curry

honestly i've had other stuff but i don't know what, everyone i live with hate indian food, so we never get it so i don't know 99% of the dishes, but i've always enjoyed it. someone come to memphis so I can go get indian with someone.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Butter chicken
Saag Paneer
Fresh naan and saffron rice
with the mint and plum sauces and mango chutney
with endless refills of masala chai tea
Tandoori chicken is pretty good too...

I'm a pretty happy camper after that :yes:

Oh and lots and lots of galub jamun for dessert

Dosas for a quick or light bite.

Actually...I love getting thalis in general. Everything and the kitchen sink on a platter, sounds good to me. :D

I just saw [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION]'s post (lol, reading back to front again :p) I guess where I live there are a lot of Indian restaurants that cover the regional spectrum and yes butter chicken (when it's good) is sooooo good.

There are also joints here that specialize in chaat (snacks) and Uthappam Folks in the UK are no doubt better versed in Indian cuisine compared to folks in the states in general.