• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Canned clam chowder w/cayenne & paprika added.

They never put enough actual clams in this stuff— it’s mostly potato. :dry:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Canned clam chowder w/cayenne & paprika added.

They never put enough actual clams in this stuff— it’s mostly potato. :dry:

Yep. Typically it's like 1% actual clam, 90% potato, 9% clam flavored gnocchi.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Had a can of jalapeño sardines & then a bowl of steamed broccoli.

Craving seafood & a crisp spring mix salad, but I only have canned fish & frozen veggies til my next big supermarket trip.
It did not hit the spot, but I figured if my body's craving greens, I'll give it some, even if it's unsatisfying.
Hashtag 1st world problems
Hashtag Hashtags are dumb
Hashtag Hashtag hash is gross.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Had a can of jalapeño sardines & then a bowl of steamed broccoli.

Craving seafood & a crisp spring mix salad, but I only have canned fish & frozen veggies til my next big supermarket trip.
It did not hit the spot, but I figured if my body's craving greens, I'll give it some, even if it's unsatisfying.
Hashtag 1st world problems
Hashtag Hashtags are dumb
Hashtag Hashtag hash is gross.

I like you.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Home made popsicle I tried out on a whim.

It’s just about 2-3oz pineapple juice poured into one of these little pop-makers & frozen.

86cf97d1-b6f6-4afe-b5d5-ed1134716370_1.efe96eaf44d06b4cc4acad3cb967cb45.jpeg

^ My set’s identical, but doesn’t have that little extra tab on the lip. Bet it makes it easier to remove the popsicles once frozen.

Surprisingly good. Little too sweet, though.

2 bucks well spent. :yes:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I made chicken with hoisin and garlic chili sauce, served with jasmine rice with mixed vegetables, and the kids whined the entire time that it tasted like barbecue.

First world problems.

It was fucking delicious.

Pinker85

3734db602f59e7da009a10b54c144ae2.jpg

Poi and maple syrup. When I ate milk, I'd have it with milk and white sugar like cereal. That is yummy. For me sweet poi is comfort food.

Poi is a traditional Hawaiian food made from cooked and pounded taro (called Kalo in Hawaiian) corms. High in amylose, a type of starch resistant to digestion, it helps with gut health as it helps to encourage healthy bacteria growth in the gut. In Hawaii it is often given to babies and the elderly. The traditional method of pounding the corms is with a special volcanic rock and pounding by hand the corms repeatedly in a large wooden dish.

87SImcEepCWO9ELZJFm19tsxa8v_IdOjdM_AmQumjH1GGLuhn0Cjl59n4igH5ILYDpR938BkGhf9WlK6K7CclqwFkKDH2GkYYOXFl4MXavygpPkl9-wzjVWMOaP0cQ

Poi pounder.

Pounding-Poi-Photo-sepia-without-text.jpg

Man pounding taro. Taro was gender specific with men only allowed to grow, cook and pound taro.

One Hawaiian creation myth says that kalo (taro) is the sibling of the Hawaiian people. The sky father Wakea had a child which was stillborn and from the burial site taro began to grow. The next child he had was the progenitor of the Hawaiian people, Haloa, meaning long breath or everlasting breath, with "ha" meaning breath in Hawaiian.

Poi can be eaten savory or sweet, most people eat it with pork or other traditional Hawaiian foods the same way one might potatoes or rice. Poi can also be left to ferment for a few days which increases its health benefits and imparts a tangier flavor. Personally, I like my poi super fresh with sweetener. It's the staple food in Hawaiian cuisine and found at any luau or celebratory feast.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Baby carrots w/spicy mustard & a fresh, room-temperature tomato sliced in half & smothered in black pepper. Body started yelling for vegetables randomly, so I’m obliging. It also screamed for super salty, thick, kettle cooked potato chips, but I have none. Probably for the best.