• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homemade Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, broccoli and asparagus.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It has taken me a really long time but it's nice to in recent years be to a point where I can start throwing things together without a recipe and it actually tastes really good.

A coworker had given me a bunch of home-grown baby kale and some swiss chard and zucchini before she went on a retirement getaway to her 2nd home, and I never really cook with the former two greens, but didn't want to waste them. Just put those in a pot with some water, a big can of diced tomatoes, a chopped zucchini, some onion, fresh garlic, a can of black beans, bay leaf, chipotle, cumin, some celery salt, and salt. And it tastes quite good! (admittedly I was kind of trying to mimic a boxed kale & bean soup I used to buy -- but still, I am very pleased with myself.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Something like this

grah-s-kobasicom-img-825x510.jpg

Kidney beans plus smoked sausage.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Microwave S’more. Had leftover ingredients from camping (some nice dark chocolate, too). I need to get the fireplace inspected so we can toast these things over an actual fire this winter. This microwaved abomination is just disappointing.

Currently resisting the urge to stick one of these ridiculously jumbo marshmallows (bought the wrong kind, so now I have extra large ones too) on a plate by itself & see how large it grows in the microwave, but I feel like that really won’t end well.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Microwave S’more. Had leftover ingredients from camping (some nice dark chocolate, too). I need to get the fireplace inspected so we can toast these things over an actual fire this winter. This microwaved abomination is just disappointing.

Currently resisting the urge to stick one of these ridiculously jumbo marshmallows (bought the wrong kind, so now I have extra large ones too) on a plate by itself & see how large it grows in the microwave, but I feel like that really won’t end well.

Oh this is too funny. I was teased quite a lot by friends in college and beyond when I went through a phase of years worth of this being my daily dessert - minus the chocolate - even to the point where in my first job out of college where I was living with other volunteers, I was given a 'smore's cake' for my birthday. :laugh: Yes it is an abomination compared to the actual, and no, I haven't had this dessert for probably fifteen years now.