• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know it's weird but it makes the cakes really moist and light. I also made their chocolate snack cake (twice) in the crock-pot and it came out delicious the 2nd time. I had to replace the unsweetened chocolate chips with milk chocolate and I added a tablespoon of nutella for good measure.

Edit: You must've thought I poured the batter directly into the crock; nope, I used a 6-inch springform cake pan and a waterbath. I put an inverted 1 inch tall saucer/pan in the crock and then put the cake pan on top. It took an hour and 10 minutes to bake.

I did think that. This makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Metis

Ribs
Brisket
Peanut butter smoothie
Burnt-cheese crunchies

---edit---

WTF, even after the ribs, smoothie, and crunchies, I still feel hungry. :huh:

I saved the brisket for later because I was full... 40 minutes ago. :shrug:

Well, at least you aren't in pain from hunger.... that inexplicably happened to me a few days ago. The weird thing was that I had eaten not that long before. Granted, it wasn't a lot of food, but I don't think it should have felt like that.

It is pain, although not horrible pain. It's a gnawing belly feeling. I know that some people experience regular hunger as some kind of pure urge to eat, instead of being told by their bellies hurting, but when I get hungry, my belly tells me by sending me pain signals. Not debilitating ones, but enough to get my attention and usually keep it until I address it.

Fasting might help.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ribs
Brisket
Peanut butter smoothie
Burnt-cheese crunchies

---edit---

WTF, even after the ribs, smoothie, and crunchies, I still feel hungry. :huh:

I saved the brisket for later because I was full... 40 minutes ago. :shrug:

I love brisket. I had some a few nights ago. It was so good; it's just so tender.

It is pain, although not horrible pain. It's a gnawing belly feeling. I know that some people experience regular hunger as some kind of pure urge to eat, instead of being told by their bellies hurting, but when I get hungry, my belly tells me by sending me pain signals. Not debilitating ones, but enough to get my attention and usually keep it until I address it.

Fasting might help.

Well, I didn't exactly enjoy having a horrible pain in my stomach, you know.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who said you enjoyed it?

Was it horrible? What would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least, and 10 being the worst pain you have ever experienced?

Hmm, I wasn't sure what you meant about fasting helping. I assumed it would help make the pain worse, not better. Anyway, it hasn't happened to me that often. Usually when I'm really hungry I just get irritable.

Maybe about a 6, 10 being the hernia I had as a kid. I blame rocky New England beaches for that.

Metis

Hmm, I wasn't sure what you meant about fasting helping. I assumed it would help make the pain worse, not better. Anyway, it hasn't happened to me that often. Usually when I'm really hungry I just get irritable.

Maybe about a 6, 10 being the hernia I had as a kid. I blame rocky New England beaches for that.

OW, dude

Never had a hernia

No, I meant fasting might help me reset my own belly, since it seems to be confused about whether it's full or hungry. I didn't mean you should fast.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OW, dude

Never had a hernia

My advice? Don't get one!

No, I meant fasting might help me reset my own belly, since it seems to be confused about whether it's full or hungry. I didn't mean you should fast.

I don't think I could endure that with a level 6 pain, if I knew that eating would fix it and food was available.

Metis

I haven't eaten this, but I saw it.

blueberrypizza-3.jpg

Blueberry pizza.

You might want to try it sometime. It looks good. It might be even better if you put anchovies on it.

[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] [MENTION=21203]Grand Admiral Crunch[/MENTION]

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

blueberrypizza-3.jpg

Blueberry pizza.

You might want to try it sometime. It looks good. It might be even better if you put anchovies on it.

pizza looks good not a fan of anchovies

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

blueberrypizza-3.jpg

Blueberry pizza.

That looks perfect. I'll try to make that one day, but add blue cheese to it. This looks like the perfect place for it. I'll hold off on it for a little while. I'm feeling less adventurous after my last cooking experiment.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I went to Cheesecake Factory today. My husband thought I'd order my usual, pasta jambalaya, so he told the waitress we were ready to order before I was. I hastily decided on waffles and fried chicken. That was bad. The fried chicken strips that come with the waffles are battered with corn flakes. It tastes more like baked fried chicken than fried chicken, and it's not the finest job of baked fried chicken I've ever had. The waffles were probably the worst waffles I've had in a long time. The ones that you make at hotel breakfast bars are waaaaay better.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gluten Free coconut pancakes with raspberry compote, fresh mango and banana. Semi-tropical breakfast.

Metis

Cheese crunchies and a regular, unflavored German beer. This plain beer is much better than the fruity beers I tried previously, and it's way better than the chocolate hazelnut beer I tried a few days ago.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i made polenta last night. chicken stock. then at the end added a bit of butter and cream and some parm cheese. then i sauteed mushrooms and basil leaves in olive oil. and roasted brussel sprouts.

so today's joy is leftovers. :D

Metis

Chicken pot pie
Broccoli with garlic
Peanut butter smoothie
Cheese crunchies (cheese baked into a cracker-like form, but without grains)

I might be eating cheese crunchies, as I call them, too much. This is the type of food that makes you want to eat more of it, instead of satiating you and making you want to stop. That's a very suspicious property for a food to possess.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cold sesame noodles eaten while standing in the kitchen... so hungry!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
A bowl of red bean snow - creamy shaved ice topped with a red bean paste. So simple but so delicious.