• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
SOQbwEL.jpg
beef bbq rib, coleslaw,and a coke

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm watching a top chef where it's a bbq challenge. I want bbq :/

you should get bbq. the bbq ribs are actually just the ribs left over from the standing rib roast we had on new years slathered with bbq sauce and reheated in the oven. and i made the coleslaw. it was what we had for dinner last night along with garlic bread and baked potatoes

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you should get bbq. the bbq ribs are actually just the ribs left over from the standing rib roast we had on new years slathered with bbq sauce and reheated in the oven. and i made the coleslaw. it was what we had for dinner last night along with garlic bread and baked potatoes

Yeah the ribs in the pic looks very tender. I figured you'd slow cooked them with the sauce.

My grandma gave me all this unmade coleslaw from the holidays. She said I should sautée it. Haven't quite figured out what I want to make with it, though.

Unrelated, but do you make grilled cheese often? I'm trying to up my grilled cheese game. I always burn mine or the cheese is not done enough. I butter both sides of the bread, but I don't think I've figured out the right setting on the temperature to get the toast right.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah the ribs in the pic looks very tender. I figured you'd slow cooked them with the sauce.

My grandma gave me all this unmade coleslaw from the holidays. She said I should sautée it. Haven't quite figured out what I want to make with it, though.

Unrelated, but do you make grilled cheese often? I'm trying to up my grilled cheese game. I always burn mine or the cheese is not done enough. I butter both sides of the bread, but I don't think I've figured out the right setting on the temperature to get the toast right.

the trick is medium heat tons of butter and a lid. the lid circulates the heat so the cheese melts but the bread doesn't tend to burn. well unless you forget to flip it which i've done :doh:

we didn't slow cook them with the sauce but it is from a 12lb standing rib roast that was very tender to begin with. and the sauce was added when we reheated them

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the trick is medium heat tons of butter and a lid. the lid circulates the heat so the cheese melts but the bread doesn't tend to burn. well unless you forget to flip it which i've done :doh:

we didn't slow cook them with the sauce but it is from a 12lb standing rib roast that was very tender to begin with. and the sauce was added when we reheated them

I did medium heat and the lid today. Buttered the side that was not initially on the pan, flipped it and added shredded cheese to get a more even melt, then put the lid on. I think I just left it on too long. I used this welsh white cheddar from TJs and put a little basil and pepper on it. It was pretty good even though the bread was kind of scorched.

I'm glad to know I'm on the right track tho.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I did medium heat and the lid today. Buttered the side that was not initially on the pan, flipped it and added shredded cheese to get a more even melt, then put the lid on. I think I just left it on too long. I used this welsh white cheddar from TJs and put a little basil and pepper on it. It was pretty good even though the bread was kind of scorched.

I'm glad to know I'm on the right track tho.

oh i have the lid on pretty much the whole time except for flipping also play with the heat a little try it at a slightly lower temp stoves are weird as in some stoves run hotter than others and you have to adjust things based on the stove which is annoying if you sometimes cook on 3 different stoves in a week all different. 2 are electric but one runs super hot, and 1 is gas

when i use a new stove it sometimes takes me a few tries to figure out how not to burn things and what the correct setting for everything is.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
left over beef and cabbage stir fry with vermacilli which i also made last night
vic6HEI.jpg

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A mini Rice Krispies treat with chocolate chips and extra marshmallows.