• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whatcha eating?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thing I made with canned Pork & Beans, canned Chick Peas and canned Chopped Plum Tomatoes plus boiling water.
I sithed a lot of the excess water out, which washed off the Pork & Beans sauce which helped flavour the whole thing... I threw in a little bit of Flora's Pro-Active margarine and some salt. (It was either rock salt or sea salt, have both... The only difference is the label on the box so, that's why I can't remember; I wasn't paying attention, I was just paying attention to the amount, I'd say 'a pinch' of salt added).

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
chili.jpg

along with 3 tablets of Beano :D

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Did you make it or buy it? You can make star shapes you know.

Made it. I think I need to find even better rice if I want to get fancy. :D

Edit: also I just ate a crapton of vegetables. Tomato, cucumber, green onions, crunchy water - oops I mean celery, radishes, with a little bit of pasta.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]

i left the meat sitting in the fridge for 3 days, it was thawed and ready long ago. not really rotten yet, i forgot that i set it in there. it came out good. no it was not a recipe but it would not surprise me if there was a way that included letting meat rot a little to let the enzymes soften it up.

Actually that used to be THE way to do beef. It's called dry aging. Basically hanging it in a cooler just above freezing for up to 10 days even. It gets mold and junk on the outside which is cut off. You can still get this kind of beef but it is specialized and more expensive.

But that's correct about the enzymes softening it, that's why they do it.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Actually that used to be THE way to do beef. It's called dry aging. Basically hanging it in a cooler just above freezing for up to 10 days even. It gets mold and junk on the outside which is cut off. You can still get this kind of beef but it is specialized and more expensive.

But that's correct about the enzymes softening it, that's why they do it.

OR if you do the Raw Meat Diet

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ

Yeah, if we're into raw stuff, I'd do cut beef or fish.

Some people eat raw ground beef but that's more risky than raw cuts.

I'd avoid raw pork, raw chicken, and be careful with raw shellfish.

Edit: also if you're worried about mad cow disease, don't even worry. It's rare and you can't even kill it anyway so if you're going to get it, you're going to get it, even if you cook it. Worms are probably the biggest concern.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just had a slice of dulce de leche cheesecake. A bit sweet for me.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type