• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why do cats and dogs eat grass

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
just to puke it back up? i never understood this, its like us drinking ipeca syrup for no reason.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
just to puke it back up? i never understood this, its like us drinking ipeca syrup for no reason.

I always wanted to pay someone to drink ipecac & ride a spinning amusement park ride, creating an endless chain reaction of vomiting.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've heard they eat it if they have an upset stomach and subconsciously feel the need to vomit, but I don't know if that's true. My dog eats grass and leaves all the time and rarely pukes it up; I think he just likes to eat things. :D

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I dunno. Sometimes you do just need to throw up, I guess?

I always wanted to pay someone to drink ipecac & ride a spinning amusement park ride, creating an endless chain reaction of vomiting.

You're the kind of person who makes our society a happier and less traumatic place. ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if i'm there i'll probably puke aswell, because i tend to puke when i see puke, it makes cleaning up cat puke verrry interesting
I've heard they eat it if they have an upset stomach and subconsciously feel the need to vomit, but I don't know if that's true. My dog eats grass and leaves all the time and rarely pukes it up; I think he just likes to eat things. :D

yeah i guess i've known animals not to puke it up, my cat on the other hand pukes up everything, and its gross

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're the kind of person who makes our society a happier and less traumatic place. ;)

:yes:

I bet I wouldn't even have to pay an ISTP to do it, actually. :holy:

Just dare him.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what i recall, sometimes they cannot produce a hairball (due to shortage of hair), but the hair they have licked up does occasionally irritate the stomach. Eating grass apparently helps them get rid of that.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLrZuC5T4Q"]Maybe they have some wolf in them? :shrug:[/YOUTUBE]

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always was told it's their medicine or, it tastes like bananas to them.

I think it's something to do with fur balls and their digestive track and a way how they clean themselves out.