• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spider love thread

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Amazonian spider that builds its own decoys discovered

spider2.jpg

That's brilliant. But....they're getting smarter.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Soon the spiders will develop biologically engineered spider clones that they can use like little "submergibles" like Big Geek and Little Geek in the Abyss, and use them to enter unfamiliar terrain, to collect data for later invasions.

At least the man vs nature war will grow more interesting at that point.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Soon the spiders will develop biologically engineered spider clones that they can use like little "submergibles" like Big Geek and Little Geek in the Abyss, and use them to enter unfamiliar terrain, to collect data for later invasions.

At least the man vs nature war will grow more interesting at that point.

YES!! And to our, soon to be, new overlords I bow down to you!!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny, I was going to post that if you did not.

It's creeping me out.

However, it's kind of interesting -- out of 35000 species of spiders (or whatever the number is) this is one of the 20-30 species that can be considered "social." They actually live in colonies.

The colony thing is cool, but simultaneously disconcerting. My only comfort is that they live in webs, and thus, likely do not hunt beyond it. Imagine packs of them on the prowl.. they run up your wall one night...

One has to wonder, with all of them living together- if any ever suddenly go missing.. some thorn in everyone's side is suddenly no longer present, but there's a new silk wrapped bundle on the dinner table..

Maybe I just want to witness social spider homicide. :frown:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The colony thing is cool, but simultaneously disconcerting. My only comfort is that they live in webs, and thus, likely do not hunt beyond it. Imagine packs of them on the prowl.. they run up your wall one night...

Ironically, I just leveled up my Pathfinder witch to play with a new more advanced group of players, and one of the spells I found for her is called "swarm" -- it's a bunch of spiders that comes out of nowhere and just runs roughshod whoever I cast it at. I can't even imagine how much that would suck...

One has to wonder, with all of them living together- if any ever suddenly go missing.. some thorn in everyone's side is suddenly no longer present, but there's a new silk wrapped bundle on the dinner table..

"Mummy, mummy, look, it's Christmas!"

Maybe I just want to witness social spider homicide. :frown:

It's not homicide if they are just following instinct, is it? Or is it? MUA HA HA.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ironically, I just leveled up my Pathfinder witch to play with a new more advanced group of players, and one of the spells I found for her is called "swarm" -- it's a bunch of spiders that comes out of nowhere and just runs roughshod whoever I cast it at. I can't even imagine how much that would suck...

"Mummy, mummy, look, it's Christmas!"

It's not homicide if they are just following instinct, is it? Or is it? MUA HA HA.

:laugh:

I wonder if we could ever create bug warfare. Non-lethal, but the enemy would still absolutely lose their shit. And feel like a tool after, for all the screeching. They'd take their toys and go home.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Aren't they adorable? I love them! I wish I could have been there to see them all.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had this little beauty in my hand last night.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He just wanted to cuddle.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So there was this one time I took a sip out of my coke and a spider shot into my mouth.

I hate them now.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Better that than flour weevils in your cereal that you've already unwittingly swallowed.

granaryweevil.jpg

I like spiders. They eat things that are more annoying, like flies.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I found a spider on a flower today and tried to take a picture of it.

Screenshot2013-05-15at52959PM_zps20034f92.png

This was before it wanted to attack me (and almost succeeded in doing so). :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to think of them as little, living snowflakes. They are cute and delicate. I really don't mind them too much.

So there was this one time I took a sip out of my coke and a spider shot into my mouth.

I hate them now.
i once accidentally fried up a spider with my breakfast. :(

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found a spider on a flower today and tried to take a picture of it.

This was before it wanted to attack me (and almost succeeded in doing so). :D

I KNEW it!!! It's all a plot!