• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spider love thread

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup. That's the case for lots of spider bites, to be honest. I mean, the hobo is known for being aggressive because it has poor eyesight, but most spiders just want to get away.

I feel a little bad for being horrifically terrified of them.
I blame "IT" by Stephen King for reinforcing my psychosis. :D

Holy fu**!!! I would have been so out of there. And felt my skin crawl for the next 20 minutes.

:laugh: Stephen King's IT was one of my favorite books growing up.. that man's books practically raised me. If anything they desensitized me a bit to all the creepery in life.

And yeah, my INTP friend never slept downstairs at my old house after that. Although, the upstairs guestroom was no better, in its own way. Whole room was full of my ISFJ mother's porcelain doll collection.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
The clusters shown are harvestmen (another family of arachnid). You can tell by the singular little round body, where spiders have the double thorax (like most insects).

Never knew they clustered like that (like a huge ant colony). I couldn't live in a house with those.
When I was young, you might see a bunch of them on a wall on a country building, or under a rock. I think I developed my fear of spiders when turning over something, and you would see what looked like a little bug floating an inch or so above the ground, but then you see it's walking on these legs.

Wobbly legs haha :D

Luckily they eat tiny insects, refuse and debris, and some times dead animals so they kind of contribute to recycling stuff that we don't want, plus that means it's unlikely to have them in your house unless they get in by accident (or it's a dirty house :p)

Permabanned
:laugh: Stephen King's IT was one of my favorite books growing up.. that man's books practically raised me. If anything they desensitized me a bit to all the creepery in life.

And yeah, my INTP friend never slept downstairs at my old house after that. Although, the upstairs guestroom was no better, in its own way. Whole room was full of my ISFJ mother's porcelain doll collection.

Relevant

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Bunnies are not disgusting. They are such adorable creatures. As pets though they suddenly become pests. But still are never disgusting.

Spiders are just spider shaped bunnies to me. Spider shaped bunnies that act like spiders, and just so happen to be venomous carnivores that eat their mates and some times resort to cannibalism, but, still bunnies! Cute, some times deadly bunnies.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Spider Alive Exhibit!

woqaX.jpg

This is classic
Z69ts.png

and this

Last edited:
N

NPcomplete

Spiders fascinate me. I can't really share living spaces with them for too long though. One of us will have to "go"... :whistling:

(Oooh and I can't help thinking of The Cure's "Lullaby" every time I see this thread. :laugh: Thanks [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] !)

Last edited:

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's an opiliones/harvestman, which while awesome and much like this whip scorpion below, is not a spider. Both, however, are arachnids, so close enough. :)

TanzanianGiantTaillessWhipScorpionWHSp_AP7I.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If this isn't spider love, I don't know what is.

(I'm still feeling ill.)

spider-tattoo-on-thigh.jpg

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Rose

by Naomi Shihab Nye

A very large spider
wove her fancy web
between the Don Juan rosebush
and the Queen's Crown vine.
We greeted her every day
going in and out.
We had so many destinations
but she just swung there
in the air
in the day's long stare
that grows so hot by four o'clock
we boycott the whole front yard.
By evening we'd be outside again
breathing jasmine
watering honeysuckle
plucking mint
and she'd be wrapping
her little flies and wasps
in sticky sacks.
The trolley rang its bell at us
and we waved back.
It was nice living with Rose.
Living our different lives
side by side.
One night wild thunder
shook the trees,
the sky crackled and split,
the winds blew hard
and by morning
Rose was gone.
Did she wash away?
Sid she find a safer home?
She keeps spinning her elegant web
inside us
so long
so long
after the light made it shine.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ahh I love these so much.

I love how they look around "What's this? What was that? What's over here??" *random leap*

Also Jumpers seem to have a thing for cameras. They always stare at them or jump on it.