• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Party Bar/Beverage station : Suggestions on Stocking

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am putting together a plan for a party bar at a party/bar b que. It is intended to serve about 75 people. about 2/3 of them drink alcohol and probably 85% of them will drink both nonalcoholic as well as alcoholic drinks. Also on a budget to only low and middle shelf drinks (as opposed to top shelf expensive sipping booze).

Of particular concern is space concerns and a bartender with time/experience concerns (i.e. no blood mary's besides a time efficient vodka/bloody mary mix quick combo) and nonalcholic drinks. (i.e. if I make a non alcholic party punch what should I put in it?)

Your suggestions, especially as to mixers and general time/cost/efficiency issues (do I have to have to hire a bartender at a party of this size?) Also good practices/places to purchase to get a good deal.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also I have an assortment of wines. Should I break out the whole assortment or start on the more mild wines first?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bartender?

If it's outside, fill a kiddie pool with ice and bottles of beer with a few cheap wines.

Don't spend money on booze unless you're willing to spend money. Which means a bartender.

Or a margarita fountain.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Bartender?

If it's outside, fill a kiddie pool with ice and bottles of beer with a few cheap wines.

Don't spend money on booze unless you're willing to spend money. Which means a bartender.

Or a margarita fountain.

Ha ha. I like the kiddie pool idea. Nice INTP thinking outside the box. I got quite a few ice chests but that might be the ticket. I had some of my poorer friends agree to help with bar b que instead of present but then hired "professional bar b qer" with food service background (and some of his own serving dishes) so maybe they will stand in a half hour here and there. (I don't want the bartender soliciting for tips to keep the guests at ease)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say sodas, beers, and spiked punch.

That should make it easy.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As far as beer selection. I got some Bud and Bud Lite. I have a empty kegger I could fill but at this time and with this mixed crowd I think I will hold off and stick to cans and bottles.

The ethnic makeup will be mostly white, Hispanic, Irish American. So I may add some Tecate/Corona, and Guinness to the mix (as well as some pyramid hefeweizen; note to self bring a bunch of limes or lemons to add to Tecate/Corona/Hefenweizen)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I say sodas, beers, and spiked punch.

That should make it easy.

There will be a fair amount of kids there too. I am a little worried about the spiked punch getting mixed up as fruit juice. If I could manage that concern spiked punch/homemade winecoolers and sangria would likely be on the menu.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...maybe make two and put a cute lil label on both
and a couple kegs of beer

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

beer
soft drinks/mixers/ice....
A blender wouldn't be a bad thing either...
this might sound stupid but a first aid kit just incase somebody cuts themself or; something. depends on how many and what they're like and what your budget is and stuff.
I would say condoms but; I doubt it's one of those kind of partys.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
like this

12173861462260596_xKhIiAWh_f.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is cute too

205687907951627562_QMxSIrAz_f.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
too fancy!? it is a wedding reception! haha and it's bbq style! how could that be too fancy!!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Any good [nonalcoholic] fruit punch recipes? (and techniques to avoid it getting spiked)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
too fancy!? it is a wedding reception! haha and it's bbq style! how could that be too fancy!!

its a bit of tug of war with my ISFP fiancé she is making it more elaborate and I am trying to keep it more causal; down to earth/inexpensive. Actually we are getting a pretty happy medium so far (but as we get closer the expenses are spiking a bit more)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Triple sec. Key ingredient in a lot of drinks.

Almost forgot (note to self)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mixers. I got some soda water, grenadine, cherries, some stuff called volcanic water (which apparently comes from a volcanic crater but I have not tried before) and plan to get some vermouth and triple sec. What else?