• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

biscuits and gravy

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if I should be disgusted right now.. or embrace it's unique combination..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love biscuits and gravy. Love it so much. Sooooo much.

Must make it myself soon. I miss being able to get it just, you know, WHEREVER, back home.

A

A window to the soul

are the best food ever!!!

Maybe.

6lplr7j

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sure most people know this, but for those who find it hard to dissociate the two meanings:

U.S. "biscuit" = not sweet, more like a bread roll, but a little doughier. Would sooner be buttery and salty than sweet, (though some people like to add jam to it).

Run the risk of being Mr. Obvious, but yeah. Even if you do know the difference between U.S. biscuit and Commonwealth "biscuit," it's hard to dispel an association you've had for a lifetime in your mental word bank.

It's not cookies and gravy. :D

---

Sausage, buttery biscuits, and gravy for both used to be my family's Sunday morning thing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't really eat em they're too heavy or something

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sure most people know this, but for those who find it hard to dissociate the two meanings:

U.S. "biscuit" = not sweet, more like a bread roll, but a little doughier. Would sooner be buttery and salty than sweet, (though some people like to add jam to it).

Run the risk of being Mr. Obvious, but yeah. Even if you do know the difference between U.S. biscuit and Commonwealth "biscuit," it's hard to dispel an association you've had for a lifetime in your mental word bank.

It's not cookies and gravy. :D

---

Sausage, buttery biscuits, and gravy for both used to be my family's Sunday morning thing.

I don't know if I've had Biscuits and Gravy, what's a Biscuit?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know if I've had Biscuits and Gravy, what's a Biscuit?
Like a bread roll, kind of doughy, see post you quoted. I heard it translated by some UK-moved-to-US guy as "savoury scone." Just bready, not sweet unless you add something sweet to it.
1625s81.jpg

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like a bread roll, kind of doughy, see post you quoted. I heard it translated by some UK-moved-to-US guy as "savoury scone." Just bready, not sweet unless you add something sweet to it.
1625s81.jpg
yeah, that does look 'sconish', somethng to toast with butter or, margarine :D...

Nope, not had that, 'yet' :blush:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love biscuits just not with gravy on top I like them with jam.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know if I should be disgusted right now.. or embrace it's unique combination..

Why? Are you from the UK? Because a biscuit here in the Southern U.S. is a fluffy, savory bread that is highly compatible with meats and gravies.

It's not a flat, crispy sweet that we call a "cookie."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know.... have you tried chicken and waffles? Or AB&K sandwiches?

I had a dream the other night I was eating fried chicken and waffles. I have no idea why, because I've never eaten that combo, despite my current residence in the L.A. area.