• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

biscuits and gravy

Beorn

Permabanned
Biscuits and gravy are good.

But, I'd rather have chicken biscuit.

biscuit-chicken-lg.jpg

I suppose you could combine them.

chicken-biscuits-sausage-gravy-500x355.jpg

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As does any self-respecting Southerner. My mama taught me how to make a mean batch. :D

I can make biscuits from scratch, but any time I try to make gravy I mess it up somehow! When will they be here to revoke my Southerner license?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I can make biscuits from scratch, but any time I try to make gravy I mess it up somehow! When will they be here to revoke my Southerner license?

I suck at biscuits, but awesome at gravy. combine forces, and we will be awesome!

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Biscuits and gravy are good.

But, I'd rather have chicken biscuit.

biscuit-chicken-lg.jpg

I suppose you could combine them.

chicken-biscuits-sausage-gravy-500x355.jpg

I think they do that at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles. I specifically remember putting syrup on my chicken and gravy on my waffle.

Roscoe8.jpg

P.S. They have great cornbread.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why? Are you from the UK? Because a biscuit here in the Southern U.S. is a fluffy, savory bread that is highly compatible with meats and gravies.

It's not a flat, crispy sweet that we call a "cookie."

Nope, Australia.
Ah okay that makes alot more sense, I didn't realise. Sounds a little like a croissant if it where to be sweet!

EDIT: just saw the above photo's, I guess not haha.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Biscuits and sausage gravy is sweet, gluttonous bliss. I need it more in my diet... No I don't. But I haven't had it in a long time and I want it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I’m not a health nut (and occasionally like B&G with cigarettes and coffee) but the sausage gravy is pretty artery clogging stuff. Its sausage grease with milk and a little flower. I don't get those folks who dab up the oil off their sausage with a paper towel and then order a side of biscuits and gravy.

My understanding is that there is a genocidal radio campaign to get southerners to eat more B&G so that they will die off sooner and limit the long term effect of their older culture on the rest of the USA.

I prefer my B&G with turkey gravy or chicken gravy (made with the drippings off the bird rather than the grease off the sausage)

Lark

are the best food ever!!!

:laugh:

I always think of shortbread and beef gravy when I hear this!

I plan to try whatever this is if I ever visit the US, I know its meant to be something different to what I imagine, its like a ships biscuit isnt it?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
its a simple dish but its filling. it centers more around the gravy, so there would have to be something additional in the gravy. im thinking sausage kind of gravy but with semi large chuncks of sausage. delicious.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh:

I always think of shortbread and beef gravy when I hear this!

I plan to try whatever this is if I ever visit the US, I know its meant to be something different to what I imagine, its like a ships biscuit isnt it?

Don't know what a ship's biscuit is. :shrug: But again, it's like a scone/bread roll type thing. It's not sweet, by itself. See pictures above! :)