• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Know any good vegetarian/vegan recipes?

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Holla to all my veggies here at MBTIc! I don't know if someone already posted a topic about veg recipes (I looked and didn't see any) so I'm posting one here! :D

Hopefully we can get some yummy stuff posted here on this thread! I always hate looking at a "recipe" thread and finding nothing but dead animals on the ingredients list. Oy! :doh:

I'll kick off the thread with a few of my favorite recipes. :)

Wild Mushroom Macoroni and 3 Cheeses with Truffle Oil
s2007-01-05_mac-cheese.jpg

It takes a bit of work but OMG this recipe is orgasmic! My boyfriend and I tried this one out...orgasmic, ORGASMIC is the right word, haha!

1 1/2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
1 1/2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp sherry vinegar
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
3 cup whole milk, warmed
4 oz herb chevre, crumbled
4 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
4 oz parmigiano reggiano, separated in 2 2oz piles
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp fresh sage, minced
2-3 tbsp white truffle oil, depending on how strong you like it (yes, this is some rich mac-n-cheese)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup panko
10 oz elbow pasta
kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a large pot of water over high heat and cover. Place a large saute pan with 2 tbsp oil or lard over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms to the pan and saute for 7-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are fully cooked and slightly caramelized. Toss or stir occasionally. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper then deglaze the pan with sherry vinegar. Allow all of the vinegar to cook out, then remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.

Begin the cheese sauce. Add 4 tbsp butter to a medium-sized sauce pan and place the pan on the stove over medium heat. Once all the butter is melted and hot, whisk in 4 tbsp flour. Cook the flour, whisking, for about 30 seconds , just long enough to get rid of the raw flour taste, but not long enough for the flour to start caramelizing. Add the thyme, rosemary, sage, and red pepper flakes. Continue stirring and allow the herbs to saute for about another 30 secpnds. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking continuously, so the roux and milk incorporate smoothly and there are no lumps. Allow the bechamel to come to a simmer (it won

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd call vegetarian/vegan food sustenance but I would never venture as far as to call it food :D Anything without meat scares me :shock:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I make a tofu stir fry that is TO DIE FOR. Seriously, even if you don't like tofu you'd probably like this stuff. It's not exactly health food though, since the tofu is dipped in flour and then sauteed in olive oil.

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mushroom Egg Sandwich
(I completely made this one up...but I like it a lot!)

Sliced mushrooms of your choice
One raw egg (or tofu)
A leaf or two of lettuce
Mayo (or subsitute with dijon or honey mustard--I personally like the honey mustard substitute best)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Pinch of paprika spice or seasoning salt
Vegetable oil

Directions: Use a tablespoon of vegetable oil to heat up pan. Crack your egg onto the skillet and let the egg cook (or your pad of tofu). Take your mushrooms and either if you have enough space on the pan where the egg (tofu) is cooking, add, if not, cook mushrooms on a different skillet.

While the egg (tofu) and mushrooms are cooking, take your two pieces of bread and pop them into the toaster (I personally love wheat bread...but white or any other type will work just fine). Once the bread is toasted, add your mayo (or mustard) and the leaves of lettuce onto the bread.

Season your egg (tofu) with salt, pepper and paprika (or your seasoning salt...but I personally think paprika works best). Place your egg (tofu) on the slice of bread and top with the cooked mushrooms. Put the other slice of bread on top and you're good to go! :)

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
If Falcarius is addicted to Penguins does it make him less of a vegetarian? Falcarius can help it they are so cute and crunchy.

I can't cook but a friend taught me how to make "chicken and dumplings" Veggie Style. The recipe is suitable for vegetarian or vegan diet.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

----For "Chicken" -------
8 oz. your favourite veggie "chicken" meat substitute or chicken flavour seitan.

6 cups chicken-flavoured (or vegetable) broth
5 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
4 tablespoons margarine
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon each dried or fresh tarragon and thyme
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 boiling potatoes (1 1/2 pounds) cut into 1-inch chunks
4 carrots (1/2 pound) cut into 1-inch chunks
3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup chopped parsley

~~For Dumplings~~

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk + 1 Tb. lemon juice or vinegar
1/4 cup chopped parsley

If your vegan just use McKay's Vegan chicken-flavoured broth, Crisco and soymilk.

Instructions:
-----------------------------------------------------

~~Chicken~~
Put the mock "chicken", broth, cloves and bay leaves in a 4 to 5-quart stock pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer gently, partially covered, for 20 minutes or so, while preparing the veggies.

Transfer the mock "chicken" to a plate. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Strain the cooking liquid into a bowl.

Melt the margarine in the stockpot. Add the onion and cook over medium to high heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, tarragon and thyme; cook for a minute. Stir in the flour and pepper and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the reserved broth that you cooked the mock chicken in. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, to make a smooth, thin sauce. Add the potatoes, carrots and celery (and greens if you use them) to the sauce. Simmer over low heat, partially covered, for 20