• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/ <--- Source.

Essentially:

1. Make an oil mixture custom to your face with castor, sunflower, jojoba, etc.
2. Put a bunch on your face.
3. Massage until you're bored.
4. Keep using steamy hot cloths until they cool like 5 times and wipe away all the moisture.
5. Repeat as necessary to clean your face. Pretty much do only this for cleaning your face.

It claims it will give you 'perfect' skin, the principle being oil dissolves oil so you'll take the oil off of your skin without drying it out or making the skin want to overproduce it.. The oil traps dirt, and has anti-bacterial properties, so basically you do this and it'll clear it up.

I've also seen mixed reviews. People online seem to love it or hate it. The ones who love it claim that the haters don't do the method properly. The ones who hate it say it's too time consuming and doesn't work and made their skin worse.

Anyone ever tried doing this? did you get the results you were looking for?

I was thinking about trying it when I get home, only using a facial sauna to steam my face instead of a cloth, and just wiping in-between minutes in the sauna mask.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Castor and jojoba are some of the best oils I've ever used. I used to apply it onto my face and body in the shower. While it is steamy and hot, I rub it into my face and just leave it there. It washes off on its own eventually.

Results: My skin loved it. It always looked so flawless and dewy. I didn't have issues with my T-zone either. It was soft. etc. I need to get my hands on some again.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION] Im glad to hear some positive reviews. There were plenty of negative reviews online, but I'm so tired of people being negative to be honest. :laugh: I just want answers on if it works or not..

Im too impatient to do the process as the website states it, but I think a cheap facial sauna would fix that laziness in no time.. just a wash of water and some hydrosol in the mornings, and an oil cleansing in the evenings.. Being as sensitive and acne prone as I am, I could easily see this clogging my pores instead of cleaning them if I didn't do this properly.

All I have access to here is tea tree oil, and our water doesn't get hot enough to steam (but its the desert, no one really desires hotter water.. 'warm' water FEELS hot here).. I tried it all the same on my face. It did look very moisturized, but I cannot tell if it brought out imperfections or if it clogged my pores a bit.. I ended up washing with soap 30 minutes later because I couldn't stand the feel of oil on my face.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hmm. How much do you use? A drop with a bit of hot water should spread very easily across your face without feeling oily.
My face is very acne prone, so I'm very careful with the stuff I use. Of course, I test things out, which is how I figure what works for me.
My sister has incredibly bad acne, and swears that castor oil helps fight her facial demons.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hmm. How much do you use? A drop with a bit of hot water should spread very easily across your face without feeling oily.
My face is very acne prone, so I'm very careful with the stuff I use. Of course, I test things out, which is how I figure what works for me.
My sister has incredibly bad acne, and swears that castor oil helps fight her facial demons.

Well that has definitely sparked my interest. We're not allowed to have any sources of heat here so I'd have to wait until I got home.. but the idea of being able to just clean my skin with a bit of oil and being done with it sure is appealing.

Do you think this system would work well with one of those electric facial exfoliating brushes? Or would that push it too far into the skin?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm sounds very interesting. Might have to give castor oil a try...

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i use shu uemera cleansing oil daily with my clarisonic.
even waterproof eye makeup comes off. no scrubbing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm gonna need to try this some time. it sounds bad ass and Lord knows my skin needs it

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] What are the primary oils in that blend?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10491" target="_blank">mmhmm</a> What are the primary oils in that blend?

1. Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O are ingredients
Mineral Oil, Corn Germ Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisosterarate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Polyborbate 85, Sorbitan Trioleate, Sea Water, Squalane, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Isosteraric Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Ethyloleate, Isopropyl Myristate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Capryl Glycol, Methylparaben, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Fragrance.

2. here is a BIG LIST of brand name oil cleanser ingredients:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19045

3. this guy tells you how to do a homemade shu dupe. never tried it though.
his ingredients are: 13.5 oz. of extra virgin olive oil, + 1.5 oz. Polysorbate 80.

Per family tradition, my mom used to douse me in warm sesame oil once a month when I was a kid, all over, face and hair, and then push me into a steaming hot bath afterwards. I felt like a prisoner and resented every minute of it but my skin was flawless. Then I got too old to push around anymore and she had to stop, and my skin was no longer flawless.

She still does it though, and she has really soft skin, especially on the body, softer than mine. Unfair. :cry:

MBTI Type
ISTP
I thought this was a thread about removing oil stains from the driveway. There's a highly acidic compound you can put on it that will get it out.

It actually was pretty interesting until I realized that wasn't what you were talking about putting on your face.