• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anybody have any experience dealing with skunks?

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have a skunk hanging around my building and am not really sure how to deal with it(without getting sprayed). I don't own a gun and would prefer not to kill it anyway, but if I could get it to not hang around here I would be quite happy! I just got an idea to buy a tube of some hot pepper (cayenne? or maybe capcacin (sp?)) to spread on the grass. I think that's pretty much organic, no? Any ideas?

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You can buy a skunk cage, it doesn’t allow them to raise their tails (and they can’t spray without lifting) and move it to another area (local laws may forbid this). Otherwise, they are moderately harmless and can help keep other types of pests away.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Animal Control was called last summer (I guess its a recurring thing). I skipped the whole pepper thing because there is too much ground to cover and, mostly, I didn't really want people to look at me and say "Why the F is that guy spreading pepper on his lawn?" :yim_rolling_on_the_

But I have only smelled him once way down the street since I first posted this so obviously the key to getting rid of them is to post about them on TypeC!! :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if anyone's ever tried marking their territory like the rest of the animals do.
Perhaps it's worth a try- tell us how it works out!