• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bear Encounters

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought this was going to be about hairy gay men

/disappointed

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I live in Colorado and have gone camping in the mountains a number of times. My sister lives in Crested Butte, right next to a little stretch they call "bear alley" (every trash can in that town is bear-proof). As a result, I've seen/been fairly close to wild bears a few times. Never felt endangered. I don't have any friends who have stories of feeling endangered by bears either (that I know of).

Hell, despite my sister's town being a hotspot for both bears and drunk ski bums stumbling home in the dead of night (including me once or twice: a few drinks goes a very long way at that altitude), there hasn't been a bear attack in many years, maybe decades (not counting the occasional pet). They're generally just considered a nuisance, not a threat.

Every so often one wanders down to Boulder or even the areas surrounding Denver as well.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I had one up near Mammoth.

Thing was straight frolicking thru the snow like a giddy fucking child.

All of a sudden it stops, about 25 ft from me, at the bank of a little stream.

Didn't even know I was there til it heard the velcro from my leatherman, and then it bolted.

On both a related and unrelated note, I've always found dancing bear videos hilarious:

Last edited:
G

Ginkgo

1245087367_stephen_colbert_shooting_lasers.gif