• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

These Four Walls

T

ThatGirl

Let's pretend. There is, right in front of you, a doorway to a room that holds more than you can ever imagine. Every time you enter this room you risk losing yourself in pleasure, losing sense of reality and time. This room is your personal heaven.

The only thing you must do to enter this room, is assign it a function. What purpose will this room fulfill?

What is the function?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
X = U2+I (infinity)

that 2 is supposed to be squared but it didn't copy and paste properly in this program. :/

Last edited:
T

ThatGirl

I see my thread may have been confusing.

So let me be frank, I may have an extra room available for me to make whatever kind of recreational area I chose. I am stuck between a library/office, art room, or war room.

I want this room to be a personal sanctuary, but first I need to decide why I would go to the room. What purpose does it serve, and then I can turn it into a personalized oasis from there.

So, if you had a room to make your own personal sanctuary, what would the function of it be?

Art Room
War Room
Movie Room
Library
Office

etc.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4384]ThatGirl[/MENTION]

Based on your second post, the room will have to take me places, but one that is also calming. Something that has an imaginative spirit to just let me relax and let my mind wander.

A friend of mine asked me why do I still have glow in the dark stars in my room. I simply replied,

"Because I liked them since I was a child. The stars are high up, there are billions of them, whatever you can imagine in them is whatever comes to life. You think what is out there so far into the universe. Are there lifeforms like us out there? Could life forms different from us live in a different environment?...." It brings a huge world to an otherwise small mind and it leads to other imagery. It makes an otherwise small room look huge.

If I had to stay in a room for a day, I'll want a room that would let me wander and wonder about whatever for long hours. It'll just be a room to relax.

---------------------------------------

Though for some people, it'll just drive them crazy. A few people I know would go crazy if they were to sit in such a room for hours. Some people would call it boring, but I am very good at staying in a room that seems like there is nothing to do.

T

ThatGirl

[MENTION=4384]ThatGirl[/MENTION]

Based on your second post, the room will have to take me places, but one that is also calming. Something that has an imaginative spirit to just let me relax and let my mind wander.

A friend of mine asked me why do I still have glow in the dark stars in my room. I simply replied,

"Because I liked them since I was a child. The stars are high up, there are billions of them, whatever you can imagine in them is whatever comes to life. You think what is out there so far into the universe. Are there lifeforms like us out there? Could life forms different from us live in a different environment?...." It brings a huge world to an otherwise small mind and it leads to other imagery. It makes an otherwise small room look huge.

If I had to stay in a room for a day, I'll want a room that would let me wander and wonder about whatever for long hours. It'll just be a room to relax.

---------------------------------------

Though for some people, it'll just drive them crazy. A few people I know would go crazy if they were to sit in such a room for hours. Some people would call it boring, but I am very good at staying in a room that seems like there is nothing to do.

Haha! I always think when I am staring at the stars, "Holy shit, what an infinite universe...All these things in the world, our expectations, our lives, are so little. We think it matters, we create these rules/boundaries, but it is created by us, for us, and beyond that, we are all subject to the same natural laws."

It puts things into perspective.

H

Hate

So, if you had a room to make your own personal sanctuary, what would the function of it be?

Art Room
War Room
Movie Room
Library
Office

etc.

What does 'war room' mean to you? What function would it serve?

For myself that's what I would go with... And if it was big enough I'd use it as a marijuana grow room too.

T

ThatGirl

My war room would be somewhere I go when I need time or space to figure things out. I was thinking I could put a lot of white boards on the walls. Pictures of famous military strategists with quotes. Things that inspire thought. I am still working on the concept, as to tie it into a real room, and not a cheesy set up.

Maybe I should put a pool table....or chess set. Maybe a bar, lol.

Edit: No pool table, or chess set. Maybe one of those metronome desk top things, and a cot.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd wish for its function to be to increase my discipline.

Nicodemus

Every time I walk through the door, I want to walk into another person's consciousness. I want to be able to control whose it is, of course.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha! I always think when I am staring at the stars, "Holy shit, what an infinite universe...All these things in the world, our expectations, our lives, are so little. We think it matters, we create these rules/boundaries, but it is created by us, for us, and beyond that, we are all subject to the same natural laws."

It puts things into perspective.

Yep, I am just an electron in this gigantic universe (sounds geeky, I know.) Though I want to have a good time while I am here, my problems and other people's problems are small, so I shouldn't put too much weight into them (even though I often do.) 100 years is such a blimp on the whole scale of things. It sounds like I am devaluing human existence. The truth is I put too much value in what I or someone else do.

Which is why a room filled with glow-in-the-dark stars works wonders for me in letting go of the details for the time being. Now, if only I lived in the country side of this state where light pollution wasn't so big (I'm close, but not close enough.)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Music studio, where it takes the music I hear in my head and plays the exact musical sounds I hear in my head... lighting in there lights up in colors along with the music I hear.

T

ThatGirl

Music studio, where it takes the music I hear in my head and plays the exact musical sounds I hear in my head... lighting in there lights up in colors along with the music I hear.

Ha! That would be cool. I have dreams of entire symphonies, but cannot play a musical instrument to save my life. That would be neat, like it reads the electrical impulse of your brain and converts it to sound. The sound then triggers the light.

T

ThatGirl

Yep, I am just an electron in this gigantic universe (sounds geeky, I know.) Though I want to have a good time while I am here, my problems and other people's problems are small, so I shouldn't put too much weight into them (even though I often do.) 100 years is such a blimp on the whole scale of things. It sounds like I am devaluing human existence. The truth is I put too much value in what I or someone else do.

Which is why a room filled with glow-in-the-dark stars works wonders for me in letting go of the details for the time being. Now, if only I lived in the country side of this state where light pollution wasn't so big (I'm close, but not close enough.)

The only good thing about where I live is the night sky. The other day I was sitting outside speaking to my father, and he was telling me about the stars. He pointed out the brightest star in the sky, and I said "NO! That is the brightest star!" He looked at me with a dry smirk and replied, "That's Jupiter."

Lol, amazing.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only good thing about where I live is the night sky. The other day I was sitting outside speaking to my father, and he was telling me about the stars. He pointed out the brightest star in the sky, and I said "NO! That is the brightest star!" He looked at me with a dry smirk and replied, "That's Jupiter."

Lol, amazing.

Yep, and the north star (Polaris) is just so dim >.<, especially with all the building around this region that has been going on for the past 12 years I've lived in this one spot.

I want to be able to see the river of stars (the arm of the Milky Way that you see in a not so light polluted area.)

I think the best thing I've ever seen in the night sky was that epic leonid meteor shower(or storm) that happened in 2001 (pretty much the "whole" world could of seen it.) I'm definitely looking forward to the same meteor shower ~22 years from now.

But that is pretty much about it :(

S

SingSmileShine

Oh, God. My ENFP mind is racing at just the lovely, lovely possibility!

I would be very tempted to make it an art room. Tons of cozy furniture in which I could draw and write and read, and open space for me to sing out loud - just sing. An Internet to research monologues for acting. Room to practice dancing. Anything visual/performing artsy.

I would also be inclined to make it my own personal gym. However, since I'm already a member of a gym, I'd probably go with the first one!

Interesting question. I'm enjoying reading the answers.

:)