• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why can't you buy just one carrot?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
really what if that's all you want? it doesn't seem right to have to buy 10 when all you're going to use is one

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some vegetables you can buy just one like potatoes or green peppers. But I've never seen that option for carrots- its always the whole bag or nothing. I live alone, I only buy groceries for myself and I often feel like I'm wasting food because I can't or don't want to eat all of it before it goes bad. Not just carrots but many other things that come packaged in bags or boxes.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah i don;t live alone but the store that has the good carrots is closed and i don't want to buy a bunch of subpar carrots when tommorrow i can go get good carrots, but i need a carrot for this recipe. luckily i can just grate 6 baby carrots which i have in the fridge as a substitute. but still.

paixfleurs

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Why only one carrot? That doesn't seem like enough for just one person. They do last one to two weeks in the refrigerator. Possibly longer if you purchase containers meant to preserve them.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd imagine it's a similar sentiment to "why not buy just a crisp" instead of a bag of crisps.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Depends where you're shopping. Some bigger chain stores, especially ones selling international products, usually have a grocery selection area where you could pick and choose what you want.
In Europe it is a common rule to be allowed to pick and select as many items of the one product you want.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Why only one carrot? That doesn't seem like enough for just one person. They do last one to two weeks in the refrigerator. Possibly longer if you purchase containers meant to preserve them.

like i pointed out the store that was open has subpar carrots the one that isn't open has great carrots i thought we were out of carrots and I needed one tonight for soup, but i found carrots in the fridge they were in a different drawer

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Doesn't help you, but in the Fred Meyer stores back in WA they had loose carrots and celery so that you could buy just what you needed.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I always see loose carrots with the greens attached year around.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
who eats just a crisp? seriously who?! who has that much self control?
Indeed crisps are not so easy to let go. Those pringles... once you pop...

Lexus

MBTI Type
xNTJ
who eats just a crisp? seriously who?! who has that much self control?

Or an OCD.

"I'm only two, only two crisps away from heart failure..so let's just make it one. One crisp, only one. but I want more, but I'll die, one crisp..............one crisp."

Then there goes the idiot with a crisp and you find the bag open at the grocer.

See you can do that also, just rip the sack of carrots open and take the carrot and shove it with someone thing else, ..or in your pants, nobody will ask about it there.

Or buy rabbits to share the carrots with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
and why doesn't krogers carry whole cumin seed, I don't want to go to whole foods, it's over priced and crowded