• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

oil oil oil oil oil

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got a blend of canola,olive, and sunflower from the asian store, is that same as light olive oil or does it matter? I didn't know what I was getting til I got home because it's all in asian and in itty bitty tiny letters says what it is in english :doh: I used it as light olive oil last night and it worked.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I'm quite sure the tastes are..... quite ranging to be any sort of light olive oil, considering I tend to use Olive and Canola Oil.

If it tastes good with what you are making though. :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ok. Canola oil or a blend is very neutral tasting. It should be fine for most things and that blend will be excellent for frying.

yes I use it mostly for frying, I need to get extra virgin olive oil for serving and salad dressings I ran out the other day, and last night both things i was making (patatas bravas, salad with lime-cilantro vinagrette) called for light olive oil.