• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you reuse the same cup?

A

A window to the soul

there's absolutely nothing wrong with re using a glass that has your own germs

I agree. I get a new glass when I change drinks. I rinse the orange juice out, pour some milk, and the milk smells like OJ. Try it. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree. I get a new glass when I change drinks. I rinse the orange juice out, pour some milk, and the milk smells like OJ. Try it. :D

I thought this was about drinking and not smelling...ENTPs...:dry:....:D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If I am drinking the same thing throughout the day, I use the same cup/water bottle. This is usually the case but I get a clean one for milk, juices or whatever.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I've got a bowl-plate, a large camping mug for my liquids, a fork and a tiny spoon that I use for everything. I'll rinse them often and wash them maybe once a week. They are my staples and my roommates don't ever go near them. :D

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My family and I have several glasses in our cupboard, but ony in particular is different from the rest in terms of shape, size, and volume. I prefer to use this unique glass for all my daily beverages, and I'll keep it a top my bureau through-outthe day so that no one else uses it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I do. Often for several days until I realize I should probably put it in the dishwasher and get a new one out. I even at this point reuse cereal bowls/spoons (but always thoroughly rinse both before placing back on my counter to use the next day ;))

All of it is so that I don't have to run the dishwasher as often. Save on the water and all of that.

Oh.. and I've been using the same mug at work for hot tea for the past year, and I haven't taken it home to wash it since about a month into the job. I suppose I should think that's disgusting, but in reality I don't think there's much to worry about.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I will reuse the same cup or plate if I'm consuming nonperishable stuff and I'm the only one consuming. I'll use it a few times in a row and then wash it. I don't think this is weird.

H

Hate

This one time my friend tricked me into watching these two girls share one cup.

It wasn't an enjoyable experience.

judidudi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yup, I reuse. I drink looooots of tea so it'd be waste taking a new cup every time I make some tea. Of course, I rinse it before using it again. :D

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This one time my friend tricked me into watching these two girls share one cup.

It wasn't an enjoyable experience.

haha. i've seen that. It wasn't enjoyable for me either.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will reuse a cup i am currently using. If I am drinking tea and want soda, I rinse the cup and resuse. Once I am done using plates/bowls/cups/etc. they get placed in sink and not used again until washed. I will also not reuse a dinner plate for dessert.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I will reuse my water glass all day but I go through spoons like mad. I think it comes from cooking for other people and always taste sampling along the way with a clean spoon each time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course. Like I have a coffee cup. Just rinse it, or wash it with soap. Why use another cup, unless you're sitting down and having coffee and juice, or water and some other beverage like wine or tea.

I even refill water bottles and stuff occasionally. You just can't keep doing it for days on end, because that gets germy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I do. Often for several days until I realize I should probably put it in the dishwasher and get a new one out. I even at this point reuse cereal bowls/spoons (but always thoroughly rinse both before placing back on my counter to use the next day ;))

All of it is so that I don't have to run the dishwasher as often. Save on the water and all of that.

Oh.. and I've been using the same mug at work for hot tea for the past year, and I haven't taken it home to wash it since about a month into the job. I suppose I should think that's disgusting, but in reality I don't think there's much to worry about.

Why would you have to take it home to wash it? You can wash anything in the bathroom sink with hot water and hand soap, as long as it's liquid.