• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you reuse the same cup?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you have to take it home to wash it? You can wash anything in the bathroom sink with hot water and hand soap, as long as it's liquid.

Work bathrooms are disgusting. I wouldn't wash anything out there and use it. At least not without a lot of OCD paper towl use.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Work bathrooms are disgusting. I wouldn't wash anything out there and use it. At least not without a lot of OCD paper towl use.

:shock:

Where do you work? The gas station? McDonald's?

Why would an office work bathroom be disgusting?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also keep in mind you can wash a single cup or spoon without ever actually touching the sink. You use your hands and don't allow the dish to touch any surface. Just water, soap, hands, and a sponge or paper towel if you have one.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
like rinse it out and put something else in it? I do, I'm too lazy to open the cabinet and get a new one out. I was wondering if other people were the same or are you a germaphobe even though its your own germs, but self germs are scary i suppose

I do this. I'm a filthy, cheap bum.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would you have to take it home to wash it? You can wash anything in the bathroom sink with hot water and hand soap, as long as it's liquid.

Don't disagree; I mean, I wash a spoon and knife in the office sink daily, and it's not a big deal.

The mug for my tea gets rinsed here, so I'm not really concerned about it. What I meant was that to have a good thorough washing (because with 1.5 years of tea residue/buildup, it would need to be thoroughly soaked, probably use vinegar or something, and scrubbed viciously with a brillo pad or the like), it needs to go home.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Coffee mug @ work is reused all the time, once a month maybe I'll rinse it out with hot water and swipe the inside with a paper towel...

At home I reuse the same water cup all day long, until my wife or I get it mixed up with one another's cup and end up tossing it in the dishwasher & getting a new one... My coffee mug at home is smaller, I rinse it out every time I use it and return it to the cupboard.