• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what are you eating for new years eve?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we had a pork and ginger stir fry with brown rice and broccoli... then some pizza and a shit ton of coffee :laugh:

this morning I made some pretty awesome blueberry muffins :drool:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we didn't have peas so i did lima beans instead, still delicious though,

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we had a pork and ginger stir fry with brown rice and broccoli... then some pizza and a shit ton of coffee :laugh:

this morning I made some pretty awesome blueberry muffins :drool:

that sound awesome pork after lamb and duck is my favorite kind of meat

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that sound awesome pork after lamb and duck is my favorite kind of meat

I love lamb and duck! I grew up on a farm and we raised both there (and pigs as well...)... what's funny is that I never really liked pork until I was in my 20s and started cooking it myself... everyone when I was growing up tended to overcook it until it was dry for fear that it would poison them or something... I tend to cook almost everything over a high heat, so I make delicious pork :drool:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I love lamb and duck! I grew up on a farm and we raised both there (and pigs as well...)... what's funny is that I never really liked pork until I was in my 20s and started cooking it myself... everyone when I was growing up tended to overcook it until it was dry for fear that it would poison them or something... I tend to cook almost everything over a high heat, so I make delicious pork :drool:
I found a recipe for peking duck I'm going to make sometime. I love peking duck

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found a recipe for peking duck I'm going to make sometime. I love peking duck

oooh... I made peking duck a few times in college... if it's done right the skin is wonderfully crispy :heart:

I applied a few techniques to roasting chickens from roasting ducks :yes:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oooh... I made peking duck a few times in college... if it's done right the skin is wonderfully crispy :heart:

I applied a few techniques to roasting chickens from roasting ducks :yes:

we have a grocery store in area of town full of asian refugees and mexicans so you can get duck there for really cheap as well as anything you could imagine for mexican or asian cooking

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we have a grocery store in area of town full of asian refugees and mexicans so you can get duck there for really cheap as well as anything you could imagine for mexican or asian cooking

sounds like my neighborhood! :laugh: that's where I always go to pick up spices to cook with because they are much more reasonably priced there than they are at the grocery store...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
sounds like my neighborhood! :laugh: that's where I always go to pick up spices to cook with because they are much more reasonably priced there than they are at the grocery store...

you get more cilantro than you know what to do with for like $0.40 there it's awesome

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you get more cilantro than you know what to do with for like $0.40 there it's awesome

not to mention types of fruit that you've never tried before! though sometimes after trying them you aren't sure that it was a good idea in the first place :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not to mention types of fruit that you've never tried before! though sometimes after trying them you aren't sure that it was a good idea in the first place :laugh:

true, but sometimes you find awesome fruit

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm always excited when passion fruit is on sale... they are completely delicious, but way too quick to eat :yes:

I need to go there more,it's so close to my house like 5 blocks away but i don't get there often enough. It's like when you have an awesome piece of cookware and you know you should use it more but you don't

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need to go there more,it's so close to my house like 5 blocks away but i don't get there often enough. It's like when you have an awesome piece of cookware and you know you should use it more but you don't

oooh... like my cast iron pans... I definitely need to use those more often... :thinking:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use cast iron for almost every meal. but yes

I use cast iron when I make soups or stews, but since the man went on a diet it has kind of zapped half of the fun out of cooking for me because he has to eat certain things at certain times :sadbanana:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use cast iron when I make soups or stews, but since the man went on a diet it has kind of zapped half of the fun out of cooking for me because he has to eat certain things at certain times :sadbanana:
I used the cast iron last night to cook leeks in and crab cakes and for breakfast that day i used it make huevos rancheros