• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

post pictures of ginger cats

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i love ginger cats, so i thought i should make a thread where everyone could post photos of theirs.

these are of a cat named lys whom i had for a few months last year. he died of erlichiosis and i am not that sure that i have gotten over it, yet. i like looking through his photos and sharing them with others because it is comforting.

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03158.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

7.jpg

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
lys sleeping with another cat of mine, whose name is x. it was the last and i think the only time they slept together.

DSC03521.jpg

DSC03519.jpg

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
lys being licked by another ginger cat whom i call shket or just ginger. these were taken when lys was seriously ill already, a few weeks before he died. shket must have sensed something.

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

DSC03547.jpg

DSC03548.jpg

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
more photos of shket and lys together. when a colleague saw this, she asked whether they were mother and baby. apparently they look that similar, though they are not related at all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

R

Riva

I am sorry to hear about your cat. Our family lost our dog about 3 months ago and we still miss her.

Especially when we come home and realize she is not there to greet us :).

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
I am sorry to hear about your cat. Our family lost our dog about 3 months ago and we still miss her.

Especially when we come home and realize she is not there to greet us :).

thank you. i keep thinking that i will enter the room and he will be there on my bed. must be my mind refusing to acknowledge what has happened (it seems to be my typical reaction to loss).

and i am sorry about your dog, too. i like to see it this way: i am glad i had lys, however little it lasted. and i tried my best to make him feel comfortable and loved while he was here - i wouldn't be certain how successful i was, but i hope he was happy.

i'm sure your dog had also been happy with you. :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He looks alot like one of my moms cat who also has mini tail, my moms cat is different color tho, but the shape of his face etc are very similar, also my moms cat is like 5 months old only.

And sorry for your loss :(

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
He looks alot like one of my moms cat who also has mini tail, my moms cat is different color tho, but the shape of his face etc are very similar, also my moms cat is like 5 months old only.

And sorry for your loss :(

i think lys was fairly young when i found him - he looked like an adolescent or young adult cat, not exactly a kitten anymore but not grown to full size either. so i think he was three or four months old at most, probably not even that. he must have been less than a year old when he died. and he was quite a miniature cat too - i used to wonder what he would look like when he grew larger, because it seemed that he had long, strong legs, but then on the whole he was smaller and more delicate than my other cats.

he didn't initially have the stump/mini-tail. while he was out in the streets, a dog ripped most of the skin off his tail and the bare bone dried and broke off, but there was a wound at the base which would not heal as there was not enough skin left. this was why i adopted him - i couldn't just leave him with an injury such as this, but once i had had him for a few days, i knew i would keep him because he was one of the most affectionate and unique cats i had ever seen. i took him to the vet's and they amputated the remaining stump so he came to look indistinguishable from japanese bobtails and other breeds that are born with a short tail. i was very happy and proud of the way it had been done for a short while before he caught that illness.

and thank you.

i found some more pictures:

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03222.jpg

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03207.jpg

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
I enjoyed looking through the pics! Post some more =)

sure. :)

(i think this should have been named "bluestripes' cat herding thread" ;) )

my two gingers sleeping next to each other:

DSC04490.jpg

DSC04494.jpg

my newly adopted cat (he has two names, dobbie and bullie):

DSC04496.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

DSC04504.jpg

DSC04506.jpg

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04526.jpg

DSC04527.jpg

DSC04528.jpg

DSC04530.jpg

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think this is the best thread I've found here!
I feel happy. God I love cats.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my old roommate had a ginger cat

39637_1400970024003_1224870096_31063381_3386402_n.jpg

74008_1479795874600_1224870096_31239814_2481853_n.jpg

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] -

what an adorable cat. (s)he seems to be quite an unusual hue, more rosyish or sand-colored, but perhaps (s)he simply appears this way on the photo. is (s)he yours?

[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] -

your roommate's cat is beautiful. he reminds me of my shket, both because of the color and the relaxed, laid-back posture.

i wish you all posted some more.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] -

what an adorable cat. (s)he seems to be quite an unusual hue, more rosyish or sand-colored, but perhaps (s)he simply appears this way on the photo. is (s)he yours?
yes he's mine, he just appears that way because of lightning and the fact i suck at taking pictures

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
DSC04062.jpg

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04047.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

not my cat, but i came to care for him. his name was ryžikas - a russian adopted from russian which means "ginger".

his owner was admitted to a hospice with a "serious prostate problem" that was probably prostate cancer. ryžikas came to the trolleybus stop every morning to wait for him. he must have thought that his owner would return by trolleybus - whenever one arrived and the passengers emerged, he would examine their faces with an intent expression, as if trying to determine whether his owner was among them. the old woman who looked after him (she might have been the owner's wife or relative) said that she tried to force him to stay home, but he would scratch at the door and bite her if she tried to approach him, so she had to let him out. he usually wanted to be outside as early as 7 a.m., and he just sat there on the bench or underneath it. he did wander off to sleep in the shrubs nearby from time to time, but preferred to remain where the bus stop was visible. this continued for four months or so.

it made my hair bristle a little. something about those displays of grief in animals induces dread. but all i could really do was feed him, so i did. then one day he disappeared. i have a feeling he may have died of sorrow, as some dogs do - he was 14 years old and was having some dental/gingivitis issues which weakened him and may have contributed to his decline.

Last edited: