• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kyu's Tiny House Blog

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It does feel more real now that I have a property in mind. I really cannot hold my breath 100% until the land is in my name and settled.. but when I started that thread so many things changed year to year, and I had to keep backing off of my plans to ensure that where I put my place would be my home. It felt like each and every time, I opted to scrap the current plan and start over vs half assing it and being stuck with something I like in an area I dislike. I'm glad that I did all of that and waited, but I am itching to start re-designing my structure now.

Wrote this in another thread in a response.. and wanted to expand on it here now.

The idea I have right now is an either-or, both ending up in the same location. If I find someone I like and trust to rent my large home on my property out to, then I'll use that place as a room-mate situation whenever I am in Texas and build my tiny slowly from there... Or, rent it out via airbnb, and build a temporary tent-like structure on the property that can be re-purposed as an outdoor gazebo sort of set up later, and have an outdoor kitchen to cook on.. and slowly build my tiny from there.

I am sure that I want my tiny house to be a small, scary place with a classy feel. :) I keep dreaming it up to be more fantasy and less modern... but I think that it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to accomplish that. Now that I have the time to build this.. I can build it to be something that gives me lots of joy while also being small. Also, two small houses! Temporary one and scary cool one. :laugh:

Permabanned
semi-related
Introducing “Shedquarters”: The Hot New Trend Home-Based Business Owners Are Drooling Over
jrcf2ox

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Suuuch a cute space! :wubbie:

I don't update just for the sake of it, and I really don't have much to say. We've got a few properties we've got our eyes on, and once we find the perfect plot in Texas we'll start designing and building.. it is difficult to design something yet without knowing the type of space it'll be in.... but...

I'm thinking, a tiny version of a gothic victorian house, complete with an L shaped porch, a rounded downstairs section with large windows and a small observatory/study upstairs of it, and the main living space built around that. Something that's just.. a touch Addams family and a touch Southern classy. I've pretty well decided on how I want it to feel, but getting there will take quite some time. In the meanwhile, I've been checking out every property that comes up for sale on my radar areas. We have potential with the one my parents are currently renting, but there could be 11 acres opening up in the fall of this year, and other options ahead as well.