• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drinking water

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm wondering if you can replace other liquids for the 8 or so glasses of water you're supposed to drink a day. For instance, I like tea. Why wouldn't I be able to drink 8 cups of herbal tea a day instead of water? Not that I'd be able to really do that, because I like and miss water if I haven't had some all day, but I'm still wondering why you can't do that? Or what about replacing with natural fruit or vegetable juices?

wolfy

awsm
I read you can, I read you can't. I read you can because you can use all fluid that comes in, even from fruit or whatever. I read you can't because other things need to be digested in some way. I think you can, I like to replace some of my water with ice coffee and coke zero.*

*In no way does wolfy take responsibility for use of this information. Use at your own risk.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooooh I see. So other things have extra calories or nutrients to digest. Well, I don't mind that so much. I was just wondering if you didn't drink the plain water, but other things instead if you're still hydrating your body.

wolfy

awsm
Ooooh I see. So other things have extra calories or nutrients to digest. Well, I don't mind that so much. I was just wondering if you didn't drink the plain water, but other things instead if you're still hydrating your body.

Yes you are.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would not suggest replacing all your water with other fluids but replacing several of the recommended cups of water with tea, coffee, some juices, should be fine. Caffeine is only a mild diuretic so it should not be too bad. Stay away from the very sugary drinks (sodas) or drinks that are very hypertonic as they will make you feel thirsty as well as dehydrate you. Alcohol is a strong diuretic and should not be counted as part of your H2O intake. General rule is if you feel thirsty you are already mildly dehydrated.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm wondering if you can replace other liquids for the 8 or so glasses of water you're supposed to drink a day. For instance, I like tea. Why wouldn't I be able to drink 8 cups of herbal tea a day instead of water? Not that I'd be able to really do that, because I like and miss water if I haven't had some all day, but I'm still wondering why you can't do that? Or what about replacing with natural fruit or vegetable juices?

i think herbal tea is ok because it's more like flavored water. there is a formula that i have somewhere for how to calculate how much water a person needs based on their ideal weight for their height and frame, etc.

i am a fan of drinking primarily plain water. i like to flavor it with lemon juice or cucumbers every now and again. but overall 99% of what i drink is just plain water. ;) in winter, i do enjoy herbal tea.

you also get some of your liquid needs via the food that you eat each day. fresh foods will give the best additional nutrients plus water. drinking too much fruit juice can affect your blood sugar levels because it's all fruit sugar without the fruit fiber to offset it. if you are going to drink more fruit juice, then the best bet would be to do it in a homemade smoothie option where you can add some protein (via something like Spirulina) or fiber (via a supplement or whole fruits).

Green_Pine

Your body does not care what else comes along with it. Drink one glass water and one glass tea, or dump that tea in the water, it is the same thing.

All your body cares is that it gets the mols of H20 that it needs.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Food is not about pleasure, that's why we have reproduction; food's about fuel for your body.
Despite what any herbal tea salesmen will have you believe, any doctor will tell you that water is the best anti oxident going.

Who cares what it tastes like? It's all about eating right and drinking right.

I'm not saying juice tea or anything is junk food, but why fight water? Because if it's because other drinks taste better, then, I can't help you.