• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skydiving (the poll version)

Skydiving?

• I have been skydiving before and I did not enjoy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Excellent idea! :D The only thing is, wouldn't the free falling part be missing with that? Isn't free falling the highlight of skydiving?

Not really. If anything, that's the only part it replicates. Free falling doesn't actually have a "falling" feeling once you stop notably accelerating so it's basically the same principle. The view is just worse. Also, no, I'm not in the 82nd.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If anyone is really iffy on whether or not they would like to try skydiving, I would recommend going to an indoor vertical wind tunnel. It's not nearly as good as actually jumping, but still very fun.

That's something I've always wanted to do. I bet it'd be awesome, and without the drawbacks of actual skydiving. Someday...

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
That's something I've always wanted to do. I bet it'd be awesome, and without the drawbacks of actual skydiving. Someday...

But you don't get the benefit either - the view!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But you don't get the benefit either - the view!

haha, that's not a huge benefit for me. I could just look out of an airplane or a tall building. :shrug:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I guess you could do a steep dive in a plane or something to get that 'ground rapidly approaching' view. ;)

Pinker85

I've done it but its a bit like if you aren't controlling things what is the point? Like I'm not supposed to say that but there ya go. I'm all weird about the whole contrails thing. I actually have vowed to stop using planes which says a lot considering I'm obsessed with travel and live on an island five hours from the nearest continent. I was actually studying for my solo certification when I realized it was just kind of a dick move to get into something that was pretty harmful to the environment. I'd love to get into BASE jumping though. According to the rules and blah blah I'm supposed to have skydived a certain amount of times solo before I can get into BASE. Honestly, I don't see why I couldn't just figure it out on my own. Is that frightening?

R

Riva

Thailand -

My Sky Diving Video.

I edited out the boring parts.

:)

I wish to get my Sky Diving license one day and jump on my own.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That looks so fun and you look so happy! :D

R

Riva

^

It was, but once I landed they got together and kicked me. Apparently it is a tradition in Thailand.

Just kidding.

It was extremely fun, but the landing was hard, it hit my rear extremely hard on the ground. Thinking about it still makes it hurt :laugh:.

Just imagine with that velocity :).

Glad you enjoyed it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would love to go skydiving!

R

Riva

I had to google wonk and still don't know what was meant by you.

*Waits for an explanation*

KDude

I still don't know where the Fe failed.

:mad:

It seemed like you were at least trying to be funny and friendly, but just pissed her off. Like it's overly assuming Fe, but Fe that is serving Ne and Ti (or Se and Ti, with ESTPs). Carry on. I'm not judging you or anything..