• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skydiving (the poll version)

Skydiving?

• I have been skydiving before and I did not enjoy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Terrified of the feeling of falling as well, like Randomnity. If I can't handle rollercoasters, I probably can't handle skydiving. (Expecting someone to try to disprove the second sentence, while the first sentence still stands...)
Yeah, I never expected to dislike rollercoasters since they look so fun. I wasn't nervous the first time. It was an unpleasant surprise that apparently I'm more sensitive to the dropping feeling than most people. It's pretty horrible since you're locked in until it ends - just like skydiving, you can't change your mind once you start. If skydiving is even a fraction as terrifying as some panic-attack-like moments I've had on rollercoasters, and I'm guessing so, I predict a highly unpleasant experience for me.

ps: :hifive: I've never met anyone else with the same experience with rollercoasters. Everyone just thinks I'm scared, when it's 100% physical (and ok, maybe also a mild fear of heights, but mostly the physical sensation).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has anyone ever NOT been scared their first time?

Does the adrenaline rush come from thinking you might die? (lol, sorry that sounds funny but I want to know)

R

Riva

^ The last few moments, I sat on the plane looking down below was the 2nd scariest moment of my life.

Giggly, that's exactly why I loved it so much.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ The last few moments, I sat on the plane looking down below was the 2nd scariest moment of my life.

Giggly, that's exactly why I loved it so much.

Daredevil. Are you an adrenaline junkie now?

R

Riva

^ Last time I checked yes.

I would approach pretty girls just to get my heart pumping.

Ah, the satisfaction of a smile in return from her.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol That's cute.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP

Does the adrenaline rush come from thinking you might die? (lol, sorry that sounds funny but I want to know)

I wasn't scared. In fact I was the first one out of the plane.

R

Riva

I was the 1st one out of my plane too. I was wishing my INTJ best friend would go 1st :laugh:.

I have a video of my jump. I need to edit the 1st part before uploading it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What caused your excitement then?

I was the 1st one out of my plane too. I was wishing my INTJ best friend would go 1st :laugh:.

I have a video of my jump. I need to edit the 1st part before uploading it.

I hope there's a close up of you looking horrified. Lol

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: that is hilarious! I love how your leaning back into the plane and holding onto the straps.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't go out of the way not to skydive, but it isn't on my to-do list. So I probably never will, but who knows.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
What caused your excitement then?

The thrill of trying something new, I suppose. It was great seeing for miles around when free-falling from 14000 feet.

And just a final passing thought, I know a girl who is really into it as a hobby, and even goes to international skydiving competitions, but I think she got introduced to it in the Army, which would be a totally different environment than private recreational skydiving. As for skydiving in general, I'd do it again, but I could never see myself getting into it as a hobby. It's way too expensive, and I think after a while I'd find it kind of one-dimensional. How many ways can you fall down? :)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ

I've jumped a number of times from big planes to small planes, side doors to cargo ramps and plan on adding helicopter to the list soon...and I'm scared every time. I think it's natural to be. I can only speak for myself, but the scariest part to me is all before you actually jump. Once you're in the air there is nothing scary about it. On the contrary, it is more awe inspiring and it's a sensation that is difficult to replicate.

If anyone is really iffy on whether or not they would like to try skydiving, I would recommend going to an indoor vertical wind tunnel. It's not nearly as good as actually jumping, but still very fun.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The thrill of trying something new, I suppose. It was great seeing for miles around when free-falling from 14000 feet.

I've been parasailing and LOVED that, but that's obviously not as high up as skydiving would be. What struck me most was how quiet it is up there.

I've jumped a number of times from big planes to small planes, side doors to cargo ramps and plan on adding helicopter to the list soon...and I'm scared every time. I think it's natural to be. I can only speak for myself, but the scariest part to me is all before you actually jump. Once you're in the air there is nothing scary about it. On the contrary, it is more awe inspiring and it's a sensation that is difficult to replicate.

Sounds like you're in the 82nd airborne? (I knew someone there).

If anyone is really iffy on whether or not they would like to try skydiving, I would recommend going to an indoor vertical wind tunnel. It's not nearly as good as actually jumping, but still very fun.

Excellent idea! :D The only thing is, wouldn't the free falling part be missing with that? Isn't free falling the highlight of skydiving?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And just a final passing thought, I know a girl who is really into it as a hobby, and even goes to international skydiving competitions, but I think she got introduced to it in the Army, which would be a totally different environment than private recreational skydiving. As for skydiving in general, I'd do it again, but I could never see myself getting into it as a hobby. It's way too expensive, and I think after a while I'd find it kind of one-dimensional. How many ways can you fall down? :)

Here's an answer for you: a flying suit.

Noon

I keep thinking this thread is skylights' blog :/

Also, I voted Maybe/Undecided.