• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Backpacking Gear and Techniques

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION]: Those sound good! How do they compare with Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry? I think most of those are surprisingly good too.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION]: Those sound good! How do they compare with Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry? I think most of those are surprisingly good too.

I have not tried the other brands, so cannot compare.

What I love about PackIt gourmet is that the food tastes *real*. The beef tastes like actual beef, the veggies are really fresh and look like veggies once rehydrated, seasoning is great... (the fact that they have a chutney in one of the dishes that once rehydrated has a lot of kick and flavor is 'impressive' to me) - yum.

I'll check out the other companies sometime.

gromit

likes this
Has anyone dehydrated their own food? I'm really thinking this could be a good option, esp because there are fewer vegetarian options that are as nutritious. I ran into some people on the trail in Yomo who did that for all their food, but I didn't get the chance to fully interrogate them about it :D

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I love my dehydrator. I am not successful with tomatos though. I just make a mess. I think I did something wrong.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Deer jerky, apples, bananas, especially great for apples.