• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eating poison ivy

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Has anyone ever tried the technique of gradually consuming larger poison ivy leaves to "innoculate" themselves against a skin reaction to it?

Or do you know anyone who has and lived to tell about it? :unsure:

Protecting Against Poison Ivy

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) I have never gotten poison ivy- even if I pulled it out of the yard with my bare hands! I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't KILL you though- our sheep used to eat it sometimes and didn't die! :yes:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I just stay away. hah...
But how do you stay away from it when there are no leaves or in the dark? :huh: hah :)

:) I have never gotten poison ivy- even if I pulled it out of the yard with my bare hands! I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't KILL you though- our sheep used to eat it sometimes and didn't die! :yes:
Be careful about that, because sensitivity to it can be cumulative. I used to be like that, but several years ago, I accidentally crawled around in a patch of it. It was covering my forearms, and I had to take steroids to prevent it from driving me insane. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I try to stay away from it and then I go to the doctor and get a shot because I've got it all over my face and my eye is swelling shut. :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think i've grown imune I use to get it when I was a kid and have walked through it in the near past and been fine. though I don't roll around it. I don't roll around on the ground that much to begin.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I've always been immune to the stuff.

One of my professors used to boil it several times and make a tea out of it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Actually I think I might be immune too, naturally. I've spent a lot of times in woods growing up but have never had an outbreak.