• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Owls!

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
34U7M.gif

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Am I the only one who has found that they often look more retarded than presumed?

This thread is no place for such talk. :dont:

I accidentally an entire rodent.

You accidentally ate an entire rodent?

I did once, too. I was eating a rabbit and then boom, I realised I'd finished it! Totally on accident. Felt like a little piggy.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You accidentally ate an entire rodent?

I was just referencing one of the internet memes that we kids are always creating nowadays with our newfangled technology machines. I think a popular version is "I accidentally the whole Coke bottle." Leaving out the verb is deliberate, so that the sentence sounds intriguing/horrible/sexual. But! I digress.

I love owls, and I have a little owl statuette named Daniel. He's cute.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
barred-owl-www-lg.jpg

I have had several awe inspiring visual experiences with Barred Owls and many a night serenaded by their haunting and distinct calls.

On misty nights where I used to live 5 years ago, I'd often see a visitor sitting on a fencepost. His head would seemingly snap instantly so that he could focus on the slightest sounds in the yard or shrubbery. I was never able to ascertain the objects of his interest, but I suspect it was moles tunneling while the ground was soft.

One night I decided to see just how close he would allow me to approach before the little spook got spooked. Yet, to my utter amazement I reached a distance just outside of arms reach when it was I that was too spooked to advance further. Even then he gave me no more than a third of his attention before the head would snap to lock-on to another potential target. However, when his head would finally snap around again, to make note of me, it was chilling. Barred Owl eyes lack an Iris and this seems to exaggerate their already great size, and the black voids are both wonderful and somehow horrifying to behold.
LOL, I almost expected him to quote Nietzsche

This episode of intense interest on the hunt and only casual interest of me lasted maybe five minutes before some sound was too compelling and he flew somewhere beyond the shrubs.

Awesome!

[YOUTUBE="fppKGJD3Y6c"]Who?![/YOUTUBE]