• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I LOVE the outdoors.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
No really, I do. I have never lived even remotely close to a city or town, and I think I would absolutely loathe it.

I love nature, especially in the spring and summer. Here in Wisconsin, it gets very, VERY green and lively. It can be extremely enthralling and beautiful.

I also really enjoy outdoors-y things. Hiking, biking, fishing, rock climbing, you name it. I just like to be outside.

Normal for an ENFP?

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
i dunno if its normal or not, but I also love every last one of those things as well, and I am wasting away living in this city, hahaha...I miss my forested mountains...

gromit

likes this
:) Springtime is awesome time. We're not quite there yet in Boston, but it's so so close. Today is beautiful and yesterday was beautiful, but it's still pretty muddy and grey.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I'm a very outdoorsy person too: camping, hiking, backpacking (including in winter), cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, landscape photography, and sometimes canoeing and kayaking.

No really, I do. I have never lived even remotely close to a city or town, and I think I would absolutely loathe it.
I live in the suburbs of a large city. It's tolerable, but barely. Of course, my backyard ends at a small 7 acre preserve area consisting of a meadow, stream, and woods. :D My preferred house would be in the remote mountains somewhere.

Normal for an ENFP?
Going only by interest in selected outdoor recreational activities, one informal study says not really, although it did find that it's typical for INFPs to have a stronger interest in outdoor recreation than most types.

These types were most likely to be interested in the selected outdoor recreational activities:

INFJ
ISTP
ISFP
INFP
INTP
ESTP
INTJ
ESFP

These types were least likely to be interested:

ESTJ
ESFJ
ENFJ

(This matches with an ESFJ friend of mine who stated that she doesn't like to go camping because she wants to sleep in a real bed, take a shower, use a hair dryer, and put on makeup. :D)

Intuitively though, I would guess that ENFPs would be interested in the outdoors and nature.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ weird, my enfj friend is the most outdoorsy person i know. she works for the outdoor recreation center at her school and leads hiking trips and stuff like that every weekend.

i'm perfectly capable of sitting on my ass inside all day without giving it a second thought, but i do like the outdoors and have fun swimming and hiking and rock climbing and all that shit when i'm motivated. i definitely like living in a city though, there's plenty of beautiful things to see here anyway.

Mole

Permabanned
The City of God

The outdoors are a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I am very happy that the outdoors have been corralled into National Parks with Rangers to keep them in order.

Cities are our greatest creation. And notice it is 'the city of God' not the 'outdoors of God'.

And notice, the first chance we got we moved the outdoor loo, indoors.

Of course for the Romantics, cities are sinks of sin or house the dark satanic mills, while the outdoors represent innocent and light.

But the truth is the outdoors are red in tooth and claw and it is only indoors that civilization flourishes.

The barbarians live outdoors while the good Roman lives in the City of God.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I also love the outdoors. Can't really think of people who hate the outdoors.. :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Me too. Except I have lived in cities.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I've gone on about 3 quick wandering hikes in the last week or so.

From yesterday...

DSC04353.jpg

DSC04355.jpg

DSC04357.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
The City in the Bush

Of course Canberra is different. We don't build on the hills or ridges so the Bush comes right into the city. In fact Canberra is called the city in the Bush. We have the best of both worlds, the outdoors with all the convenience and interest of a Capital City.

This is because Canberra is a designer city. Every morning I put on my city like designer clothers, and parade for all the world to see.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I went to the doctor to see about this rash I seemed to have developed.

She ran a bunch of diagnostic tests. Allergies, shingles, psoriasis, everything.

Finally she came back to me with the results. Turns out I have City-tosis. Happens when a nature lover lives in a big city for too long.

The cure? Copious amounts of sunshine, greenery, mountains and the sweet sounds of the outdoors.

Yup. True story.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I LOVE outdoors too. I am most alive outside. I will add horseback riding to the activities already listed by others as my favorites to do.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually walk barefoot outdoors. Ever since childhood. People do this where I come from. Who else does this?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
me :D

people don't really do this where i'm from. and my parents are from big cities, so even in my family, definitely not.

actually people usually get upset at me for it. why don't you wear shoes?! because i like the way the ground feels under my feet, damn it. cool grass over soft dirt and prickly concrete and slippery pokey pine needles and bumpity bumpity cobblestones. also, feets were made for walking on. the way my feet are aligned a little unusually also makes closed flat shoes generally uncomfortable, so i try to avoid them as much as possible. usually you can either find me in amazing heels or sandals/barefoot

:laugh:

even when i have to wear closed shoes i go for as little shoe as the weather/situation will permit -- like this --

Keen-Newport-H2-Sandals.jpg

all things in moderation right?? imo totally closed shoes are for 3 things only: racing cars ; horseback riding ; under 40°.

NotOfTwo said:
I LOVE outdoors too. I am most alive outside. I will add horseback riding to the activities already listed by others as my favorites to do.

me tooo, i want to go horseback riding so bad recently!!

allegorystory said:
Copious amounts of sunshine, greenery, mountains and the sweet sounds of the outdoors.

:heart:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah I love it too. I do live in a city, but in 20 minutes by train or 30 by bike I can be in the woods, just below mountains. One of my biggest pet pevees about moving around is to NEVER move to a city that's very badly positioned for outdoor activities (like NYC or London). During the nice season, I go cycling twice a week either here:

Colline%20ProseccoMEDIO.JPG

or

Auronzo_cadore_dolomiti_belluno_estate.JPG

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I actually walk barefoot outdoors. Ever since childhood. People do this where I come from. Who else does this?

I do!!! I run barefoot too, or at least used to... it doesnt feel so great on all this concrete and asphalt however... not to mention the various bits of broken glass...ive given up running since I moved to this city:/

crevalleJack

MBTI Type
HOLY
Wel for me it is the absence of humans that is the most appealing. Even the city is fun with no cars an no humans. Having (the/a) world all for yourself.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I love the outdoors. Camping, swimming, fishing, hiking. it's all good. But I was born with a curse of severe allergies to every type of tree, grass, flower, stinging insect... But it never stopped me. I got in an accident and had back surgery(i'm only 19) and now I only have partial use of my right leg, so it makes these things hard for me. :(