• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geoff's Pictures : A New England Water Study

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Repost from NCen for Philo (and others) to enjoy!

Comments etc welcome as always! Enjoy!

264195732_8bb5d88abc_b.jpg

264195726_51184caf4d_b.jpg

264195741_92361a595b_b.jpg

S

sammy

ahhhh, I loved and missed them! To tell you the truth, I loved that last one so much years ago when you first posted them, that I save it and occasionally still looked back at it :D

edit: by the way, I noticed that for all three of the pictures, different emotions are evoked. The first one is more of an aggressive vibe, like someone pushing you out of their way to keep moving forward. The second one is power-epitomized. The third picture is the most serene of all.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Beautiful. Stunning. Humbling. Inspiring. Quiet and passionate. :happy: For myself, I can see all three evoking different feelings depending on my mood or even various kinds of feelings/ideas all at once. :doh:

Currently, to narrow them for now, I can see the first one as Focus enabling one to go forward with clear vision, which will spread out eventually. The second one as Patience while going from step to step, working through the barriers to get the goal of reaching all. The third one is a quiet and self-centered Bliss separated from the outside world by a veil...perhaps because the focus and patience led to eventual bliss (oh I'm so silly, I know! :devil: and I think I INFJ-ed them all!!! :shock: Interesting!!)

And they all might change when next I view them too, heeeee! :nice:

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
Where did those colors come from? They seem quite bright and unusual for a waterfall, but maybe the rocks are just different from what I am used to.

Nice pictures otherwise, those types of water formations are always quite nice to see.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Where did those colors come from? They seem quite bright and unusual for a waterfall, but maybe the rocks are just different from what I am used to.

Nice pictures otherwise, those types of water formations are always quite nice to see.

All colours are as taken, but with a vibrancy boost (like slide film does). So, natural, but a little oversaturated.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Nice... I especially like the last one. May I inquire what kind of shutter speed you were using to get that trailing effect? (I'm also assuming you used a tripod?)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Nice photos! Good depth of field, sharpness, composition, and color!

#2 and #3 appear to be shot using a polarizing filter, and good use of it.

All colours are as taken, but with a vibrancy boost (like slide film does). So, natural, but a little oversaturated.
Looks close enough to natural for what looks like tannin-stained sandstone. Color and saturation seem to match the results that would be obtained by using the most popular pro slide film (Velvia).