• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of rice

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Sorry... Cinnamon riles me up.

haha, i get it, cinnamon IS pretty awesome, I actually make a number of rice dishes that involve cinnamon, as I think rice takes to the flavor quite nicely... its also amazingly good for you.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
haha, i get it, cinnamon IS pretty awesome, I actually make a number of rice dishes that involve cinnamon, as I think rice takes to the flavor quite nicely... its also amazingly good for you.

:worthy:

I'm sorry.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
ROFLMAO... hahahhahahahhahaaaaaa...wow... I better stop talking about cinnamon or else this may end up awkward:p lolllll

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Though not technically a rice, I must wholly concur.
Easily one of my favorite grains.

What makes it not a rice? It doesn't resemble a grain. It grows in the water.

Hey! I just bought something called mahogany rice today. I'm stoked about trying it.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
What makes it not a rice? It doesn't resemble a grain. It grows in the water.

Hey! I just bought something called mahogany rice today. I'm stoked about trying it.

rice IS a grain... wild rice is not related genetically to rice I believe, its another type of grain though...

Lien

The Buddha Jasmine rice (must be new crop) is my favourite long grain white rice. It's moist and has a slightly sweet, nutty flavour to it. Here's the only brand I buy:

yhst-48573782157554_2100_6158973

ah!! i know that bag! we eat the same rice. people do say jasmine rice is good. even if it's white rice, i think it's healthy. at least, i hope since i eat it everyday.

you can also make rice into congee/rice porridge. you can make it very thick or more soupy. it's not hard to do and you can make it with a rice cooker too. people cook it for babies, the elderly, the sick, and in times of famine. it's a very soothing food too. and tastey if you add things to it :)

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I loooooooooooooove congee/rice porridge:D I add so much wonderful stuff to it! sometimes I eat it with just a tad bit of honey and cinnamon, other times I like to add dried fruits or diced fresh fruits! occasionally I make more savory versions, but i really prefer it with fruit most of the time...

Lien

I loooooooooooooove congee/rice porridge:D I add so much wonderful stuff to it! sometimes I eat it with just a tad bit of honey and cinnamon, other times I like to add dried fruits or diced fresh fruits! occasionally I make more savory versions, but i really prefer it with fruit most of the time...

we eat it with mostly meat like chicken, ground pork, shrimp. sometimes we throw in tofu or cubes of pork blood. or sometimes quail eggs. and onions!

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Ive done it with onions, chicken and eggs be4, ground pork once I think, haven't tried much else, I think for me the only reason I dont is im not really used to savory stuff having that kind of texture, I do put chopped toasted nuts in it sometimes with fruit... shrimp sounds good too!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Yesterday my mother made rice with onions, red pepper, paprika and curry powder. It was yummy!!! :D

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Persian friends taught me to make something called Baghali Polo (dill rice with a potato crust and lima beans). it's amazing with lemon/olive oil/yoghurt/grated onion-marinated chicken kabobs.

i made this the other day. sehr gut. here's a sexy stock image:

Salmon%20Baghali%20Polo-624050.jpg

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
You are making me hungry...lol...both of you, but mostly you furrina, cause of that picture,lol