• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sudden massive bird deaths

F

figsfiggyfigs

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WI0VI7aIw"]AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/YOUTUBE]

E

Epiphany

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7As_q6PSKSM"]Magnolia - Frogstorm[/YOUTUBE]

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh noes. Flashforward!!!!

THAT'S the show I meant... not the Event... silly me. Yes, it's exactly what happened in Flash Forward!! Watch out, pretty soon there's going to be a mass (human) blackout where we're all going to have visions of our futures...

N

NPcomplete

If the end of the world is nigh, at least I will not have to worry about the future. :D

E

Epiphany

Timeline of Events

December 2010: thousands of dead crabs washed up along Kent coast

30 December: up to 100,000 dead drum fish over a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River, 200km northwest of Little Rock discovered

31 December 2010: 3,000 of red-winged blackbirds rained from sky in Arkansas town of Bebe.

3 January 2011: 500 dead and dying red-winged-blackbirds fell into Louisiana highway in Pointe Coupee Parish

3 January: 40,000 dead ‘devil crabs’ washed up on Thanet beaches in Kent

4 January 2011: 100 jackdaw birds found lying dead on the road in Falkoping, Southeastern Sweden.

4 January: hundreds of dead eyeless snapper washed up on numerous Coromandel Peninsula beaches

5 January: several hundred birds found dead in Western Kentucky

5 January: 200 birds found dead on highway bridge in Texas

rav3n

Wonder if there's any way they can through autopsy, confirm actual time of death of wildlife. That timeline would be based on when found, which would be later or much later.

But masses of ocean dwelling animal deaths aren't unusual since temperature affects them harshly. That is, unless they're showing physical trauma like the birds in Arkansas and nowhere in any of the stories was there any reference to this.

F

figsfiggyfigs

THAT'S the show I meant... not the Event... silly me. Yes, it's exactly what happened in Flash Forward!! Watch out, pretty soon there's going to be a mass (human) blackout where we're all going to have visions of our futures...

*starts wrapping self up in bubble wrap*

Shouldn't take long, I'm such a klutz, I'm 50% covered with that stuff anyways.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Nearby the town of Beebe, Arkansas is the Little Rock Air Force Base, which is the home of the 29th Weapons Squadron. :whistling:

A few possibilities:

1. Enormous flock of birds flies toward base and shows up on radar as a possible unidentified, potential stealth, aircraft. Base or interceptor aircraft fires classified concussion weapon rather than surface to air missiles to avoid collateral civilian damage and attracting attention due to mid-air explosion.

...and right around the time the Chinese start taxiing new stealth fighters down the runway.

N

NPcomplete

As long as Andrew Bird keeps making good music, does it matter? Hell, he even whistles. However, there could be a future infestation of worms and other creatures that birds find edible and adore.

A

A window to the soul

Look at the unrelated bright side, at least the naked mole rats are okay.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I think it's a typical of mass hysteria. I don't know how much birds there used to fall out of the sky, so maybe thousands a day isn't actually that many.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Mass hysteria? Did you look at the map?

I refuse to see how so many people can just laugh something like this off. Does it mean the end of the world is nigh? Probably not. But it's certainly not a good thing and I feel it should be taken seriously.