• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Snow.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
We NEVER get proper snow in Ireland. This year, for the first time in about 30 years, we actually have half decent snow. This pic was taken in my local park on Sunday (day after snow's arrival):

tumblr_lclypxutTL1qeph0yo1_500.jpg

and this photo was taken today. My younger brother and I made the snowman. Excuse the gimp-ish expression on my face :tongue:

tumblr_lcr9zpgsY21qeph0yo1_500.jpg

I'd upload more pictures but that involves imageshack and I'm feeling decidedly lazy today! Instead you're just getting ones already uploaded to Tumblr. Enjoy.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I sort of thought today how funny it is that I've never really thought of how much most of the planet doesn't really need to wear knitted sweaters and Ugg boots, and am wondering why they're fashionable anyway...I can understand why they are here, as we're probably getting a foot of snow tonight, but I never thought how people take snow for granted.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
So its been snowing now since Saturday (i believe) and although it was fun at first .. I'm bored now and cold.

I think i got brain freeze today :(

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yesterday I saw something that I considered impossible.
Here, if it's snowing, the snow never stays on the ground when you're looking. (I found that very frustrating as a child. You were in the class for hours, seeing all this snow passing... at last you can go outside and play with it and NOTHING. What is the purpose of snowing if there is no snow to play with? The weather was just mean!!)
Yesterday the snow not only stayed but broke a "law of weather" even my weather amateur husband believed in.
When the ground is wet, snow never stays. (Wet = fluid water with heat in it = melts the snow).
Yesterday the ground was very wet. It rained the whole afternoon. Evening: rain turned to snow. AND IT STAYED. With a temperature > 0°C (32°F and, for the freaks, 273K).
!?!?!?!?!?!?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yesterday I saw something that I considered impossible.
Here, if it's snowing, the snow never stays on the ground when you're looking. (I found that very frustrating as a child. You were in the class for hours, seeing all this snow passing... at last you can go outside and play with it and NOTHING. What is the purpose of snowing if there is no snow to play with? The weather was just mean!!)
Yesterday the snow not only stayed but broke a "law of weather" even my weather amateur husband believed in.
When the ground is wet, snow never stays. (Wet = fluid water with heat in it = melts the snow).
Yesterday the ground was very wet. It rained the whole afternoon. Evening: rain turned to snow. AND IT STAYED. With a temperature > 0°C (32°F and, for the freaks, 273K).
!?!?!?!?!?!?

How much above zero? It's not technically impossible, as long as the snow is extremely dry. I've seen it happen multiple times.