• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Amazing photo (beware: animal suffering content)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
bear_bison.jpg

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah that's pretty cool. A lot like the bird who got his neck stripped off.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Have the legs of that bull been wrecked that bad by the bear? Damn. So I guess bears do defeat bulls in fights.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Random thought: wouldn't it suck to be that photographer? I mean he gets to witness this awesome moment in the picture, but at the same time he could very well be trampled by the bull or ripped to shreds by the bear, just saying.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Have the legs of that bull been wrecked that bad by the bear? Damn. So I guess bears do defeat bulls in fights.
But it looks like the Bull (is that what that is?) can outrun the bear. The photo illustrates the desperation to survive so vividly.

Random thought: wouldn't it suck to be that photographer? I mean he gets to witness this awesome moment in the picture, but at the same time he could very well be trampled by the bull or ripped to shreds by the bear, just saying.
Or both. Bad day.

P

Phantonym

I don't think the photographer is just standing there. :laugh: Car.

Or imaginative Photoshopping.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Or he's miles away with a high powered lens of some sort.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm confused about the head...it looks photoshopped, or just unnatural.

I thought the bear did some damage to the head at first, but now I don't know. :shrug:

Otherwise, I find it quite motivating.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for posting the story FineLine!

Wow... this is... a neat documentation. Obviously cringe-worthy, but... the reality of nature/survival is pretty gruesome if you think about it; as humans in this day and age we (well, at least, the privileged minority) have managed to distance ourselves from many/most of these realities that other living things face (many of the physical hardships & the unmedicated pain), and it's easy to forget that we were once a part of nature & the elements in a similar sense.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It looks like the bison was in a fire.

Right.. the article FineLine posted elaborated and stated the bison got burnt by one of Yellowstone's geothermal vents, suffered those awful burns, and eventually the bear found him and started going for him.

rav3n

It looks shopped. Notice the broken yellow line between the bison's legs and hooves?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This plus the zucchini story...

Montana is obviously a badass state.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hahaha, that bear looks really pissed off. Oh and Hooray for the bison outwitting one of nature's most fearsome predators, only to be killed by puny humans with guns.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

The Romans were quite fond of pitting bulls and bears against each other in their ampetheatres. Apparently it was popular because they were very closely matched, with pretty much a 50/50 chance of it going either way.

I'm confused about the head...it looks photoshopped, or just unnatural.

I thought the bear did some damage to the head at first, but now I don't know. :shrug:

Otherwise, I find it quite motivating.

I think its head is just covered in snow, that's all. Probably tuke a nose dive during the fight.