• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Asian Recipes

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been on east asian kick lately mostly chinese and thai, but I do like vietamese and japanese haven't had any other east asian cuisines, but willing to try. So post recipes here for that type of food.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if anyone has a recipe for thai green curry, and tom kha soup, i'll love you

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Spicy Korean Slow Cooked Chicken (Dhak Dori Tang)

INGREDIENTS

• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch cubes
• 3 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
• 2 pinches black pepper
• 3 pinches salt
• 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
• 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1 large onion, cut into eighths
• 3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup water

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook until it begins to brown on the edges, but is still pink in the center, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt. Cook and stir until the garlic has begun to soften, and the chicken has become firm, about 3 minutes.

2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, and onion. Whisk hot pepper paste into soy sauce until dissolved, then pour into saucepan along with the water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Its good served with calrose rice <3

If you try this recipe let me know how it turned out!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here is my buddy's recipe for Filipino Adobo...Its OH soooo good!

CHICKEN ADOBO RECIPE~!

5-8 BAY LEAVES

1 WHOLE CLOVE OF GARLIC / DICED

3 TBLSP OF OIL

DASH OF CHILI POWDER

DASH OF CAJUN SEASONING

DASH OF PEPPER

1 ONION

COOK FOR 7-10 MINUTES

ADD CHICKEN 1.5-2 LBS- COOK TILL SLIGHTLY BROWNED ON BOTH SIDES

ADD 3/4 APPLE CIDER VINEGER

3/4 SOY SAUCE

2 CUPS OF WATER

LET SIMMER FOR 1-1.5 HOURS

Eat with Jasmine Rice ;)

(*I added potatoes, and instead used 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup regular vinegar, and 1 1/2 cup water)

rav3n

BBQ Pork

Marinade strips of pork (approximately 1" on the cross-section, doesn't matter how long) in a mixture of hoisin sauce and a small amount of dark soya sauce for two days. Refrigerate the entire time. Grill until almost done on the BBQ, basting often with remaining marinade. Then when cooked through, baste with substantial amounts of honey on both sides, searing honey onto strips. Bon appetit!