• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cool rocks and other gems!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A discussion of the properties and history behind gems, crystals and jewelry goes here.

It is kind of outdoorsy, gems are minerals that are found underground.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Are diamonds and pearls really a girl's best friend?

diamond1.jpg

home_diamond_4cs.jpg

hello-kitty-diamond-earrings_7767.jpg

hope-diamond-picture.jpg

Diamonds are the crystallized form of carbon created under extreme heat and pressure. It's this same process that makes diamonds the hardest mineral we know of. It is the molecular structure of diamonds that makes them so hard. Diamonds are made of carbon atoms linked together in a lattice structure. Each carbon atom shares electrons with four other carbon atoms, forming a tetrahedral unit. This tetrahedral bonding of five carbon atoms forms an incredibly strong molecule.

The Diamond is a stone that bonds relationships and enhances love-with the most recent symbol of the engagement ring. There is little to no history that it is a stone of love. What the diamond does bring is longevity, particularly to relationships, balance, clarity and abundance. It can amplify one's thoughts, whether they be strengths, or weaknesses. It gives one who wears or carries it courage and hope. A diamond encourages self-confidence and desire for independence while at the same time counteracting jealousy.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Who knows.

Pearly factoids.

what-to-wear-with-pearls.jpg

pearls-jpg.jpeg

p003_1_03.jpg

277175-59615-52.jpg

Pearls are formed in shellfish - especially oysters and mussels -as a natural defense against irritants such as a piece of grit. The shellfish secretes layers of aragonite, known as nacre, around the irritant until it gradually builds up layers and layers to form the solid pearl. Light reflecting from these overlapping layers is what produces the characteristic iridescent luster, also know as the "orient of the pearl". A cultured pearl is one where an irritant is introduced to initiate the formation, and a nucleated cultured pearl has a small bead introduced at the irritant. Pearls are about 2% water, and should not be stored in a very warm place, or they may dry out and develop hairline cracks.

Pearls are said to aid in meeting and overcoming various obstacles, while absorbing negative vibrations and energies; they are protective, yet they are also very soothing. They encourage loyalty, truth and honor as well as aiding in developing personal integrity and physical strength. They are useful for guarding off infections and irritability, as well as being beneficial to the digestive system. They transmit vibrations, which attract, wisdom, love and prosperity, while also aiding in balancing the emotions. They increase fertility as well as clarity of focus, and have an overall healing quality about them.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Has anyone ever went rock or gem hunting? Ive always wanted to do that! :) Its rugged but seems fun!

Gems and rocks are beautiful treasures and gifts from mother nature <3.

I used to be really in to researching the healing properties of them.

Some of my favorites are:

Citrine
cring4.jpg

White Jade <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE!

WhiteJade20mm.jpg

Amber
220px-Baltic_Amber_necklace_with_insects_inclusions_.jpg

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They increase fertility

Pearls: Im staying away from pearls then, lol!!! j/k :) Pearls are my birth stone, but Im not too drawn to them for some reason. Who knows, maybe I will fall in love with them some day.

As for Diamonds...I never really cared for them to much either....until I put a big huge heart shaped diamond the size of a freakin small jaw breaker on my finger...it was a $30,000 ring. I felt like I had super powers....OMG. :solidarity: I turned in to a different person with that damn ring on my finger...:D.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

blair+jewelry.jpg

PD-309-Citrine-Amethyst-Pendant.jpg

Named from the French name for lemon, "citron," many citrines have a juicy lemon color. Sometimes you will hear citrine referred to as topaz quartz, which is incorrect. This name was used in the past in reference to the color, which is sometimes similar to the color of topaz. Since topaz is a separate mineral, this type of name can be confusing and should not be used. However, citrine is considered an alternative to topaz as the birthstone for November.

It emits a warm energy that promotes optimism. It attracts abundance and is known as "a merchant's stone" to be placed in a cash register or where one conducts business, to not only acquire positive wealth but to maintain it as well. It enhances the body's healing energy and opens the conscious mind to intuition. It helps one adjust and adapt to process changes, feeling confident and secure.

Nice.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
White Jade <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE!

WhiteJade20mm.jpg

White Jade

jewneckdragonbg.jpg

sen8.jpg

Fat-White-Jade-Cat-Necklace_516A7DFE.jpg

White or Cream Jade is used to direct ones energy and assist in concentration, by filtering out unwanted distractions. White and cream jade has long been used to boost energy and to ascertain what the highest outcome for a given situation will be.

Jade or "yu" as it is called in China, truly is one name for two separate gems with similar characteristics. The first being Jadeite, the second Nephrite, both are indeed "Jade".

Jadeite, though, made up of interlocking ,granular pyroxene crystals, occurs in a wide range of colors, such as green, lilac, white, pink, brown, red, blue, black, orange and yellow. The most prized variety, imperial jade, is a deep rich emerald green due to chromium content. Jadeite commonly has a dimpled surface when polished.

Nephrite is found as aggregates of fibrous amphibole crystals. This composite forms an interlocking structure that is tougher than steel. Colors may vary from a dark green (which is rich in iron) to a cream color (which is high in magnesium). Nephrite jade may be homogeneous in color, banded or blotchy.
This is a stone that can help you to attain your goals and dreams, instilling resourcefulness, and allowing you to see past your self imposed limitations and manifest your ideas into the physical world.

Cool, why no Green Jade?

jade_jewelry_image_2.jpg

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Amber

Barbary%20Coast%20Necklace%20as%20Bracelet.jpg

ART-NOUVEAU-AMBER-STERLING-NECKLACE.jpg

AAAAAmzOGdQAAAAAAFJ0Pg.jpg

It is commonly known that amber is the fossilized resin of trees. Most of all amber is golden yellow to golden orange, but there have been found specimens in green, red, violet and black as well. Transparent to translucent is usually occurs as nodules or small, irregularly shaped masses with a cracked and weathered surface. Amber is one of the few stone that can be charged with electricity. When rubbed, amber produces a negative electrical charge that may attract dust. "Ambroid" is formed by heating and pressing together smaller pieces of amber. The gem world divides amber into specific groups, which include: Succinite (Baltic Amber), Burmite (Burmese Amber), Simetite (Sicilian Amber), Rumanite (Rumanian Amber)

In general the sunny energy is used to transmute negative energy, to cheer you up and help open you up to your divine blueprint. It is said to help draw sickness from the body and negativity from the emotional energy. For this reason, some say amber brings good luck!

Interesting.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Pearls: Im staying away from pearls then, lol!!! j/k :) Pearls are my birth stone, but Im not too drawn to them for some reason. Who knows, maybe I will fall in love with them some day.

As for Diamonds...I never really cared for them to much either....until I put a big huge heart shaped diamond the size of a freakin small jaw breaker on my finger...it was a $30,000 ring. I felt like I had super powers....OMG. :solidarity: I turned in to a different person with that damn ring on my finger...:D.

Hahaha that must of been some experience.

I used to be really into researching the healing properties of them.

I'm interested enough to look into it a little. ;)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Has anyone ever went rock or gem hunting? Ive always wanted to do that! :) Its rugged but seems fun!

No, I wish I could though.

The closest experience I have to that is when i was a little kid and I had a birthday party at this place called the Volcano, where it was like an indoor cave with real rocks and you could pick at them to find shiny rocks. (it was just quartz and fool's gold, mostly, but when you're 5 there's no difference)

I hate diamonds and pearls, btw (overrated, although pearls can look really, really nice...I just really hate diamonds I guess)

My favorite stones are my birthstone (Aquamarine...I used to hate it until I actually had the real thing, it's just so cool because when you put it in water it becomes invisible) Topaz, Spessartine Garnet, Sapphires, and this particular rock:

opal.jpg

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I want to show off my favorite jewelry, the white jade ring is my prize possession <3 I love it so! The citrine ring is very special to me too :)

These i phone pictures dont do them any justice :(

IMG_6428.jpg

Here is a pic of my favorite amber necklace...the sun shines through it so majestically.

IMG_6437.jpg

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hahaha that must of been some experience.

I'm interested enough to look into it a little. ;)

Some people think its BS, but I dont think all of it is :). Think about the power of quarts crystal that emits energy to move time in watches...and the power of the moon that moves the ocean. Okay I sound really hippy and new age right now lol...

No, I wish I could though.

The closest experience I have to that is when i was a little kid and I had a birthday party at this place called the Volcano, where it was like an indoor cave with real rocks and you could pick at them to find shiny rocks. (it was just quartz and fool's gold, mostly, but when you're 5 there's no difference)

I hate diamonds and pearls, btw (overrated, although pearls can look really, really nice...I just really hate diamonds I guess)

Oh how fun! When I was little I loved digging around for agates :).

Girl, let me tell you....try on that diamond I was talking about out and you will change your mind, lol!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Opal

OpalGroup2-copy.jpg

opal_photopendlink.jpg

26PR.jpg

Fire-Opal-Remy-on-wht-flat-.jpg

Opal is a hardened silica gel, usually containing between 5-10% water. Therefore it is noncrystalline, unlike most other gemstones. There are two variety: precious opal, which shows flashes of color or iridescence, depending on the angle of viewing and light; then there is common opal whish is often opaque and displays no iridescence. The iridescence of precious opal is caused by the way the structure, or regular arrangement of tiny silica spheres, diffracts light.

Opal is a stone of inspiration which enhances the imagination and creativity as well. It helps one release inhibitions and enhances the memory. Opal is also said to be a very spiritual stone, and can help one be "invisible" in situations where they don't care to be noticed. It has been known to bring happy dreams, and also to ease the process of change. Opal is a silicate, containing water, correlating with our emotions. Clarifies by amplifying and mirroring feelings, buried emotions, desires (including love and passion). With this comes less inhibition, more spontaneity, free visualization, clearer imagination, and more vivid dreams.

Opals are sweet.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I want to show off my favorite jewelry, the white jade ring is my prize possession <3 I love it so! The citrine ring is very special to me too :)

These i phone pictures dont do them any justice :(

IMG_6428.jpg

Here is a pic of my favorite amber necklace...the sun shines through it so majestically.

IMG_6437.jpg

That's so awesome Sparrow, thanks for sharing. :)
10 white jade circles in a ring and with a citrine ring, that's outstanding. What do they mean to you?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some people think its BS, but I dont think all of it is :). Think about the power of quarts crystal that emits energy to move time in watches...and the power of the moon that moves the ocean. Okay I sound really hippy and new age right now lol...

Ah I hope to look into this like none before. :D
For now I'm checking out the many varieties of incredible gemstones that are, I think there is something to the mystique crystals and gemstones have too.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sapphires

nightchime_model.jpg

JW-SP3b.jpg

3WDI.jpg

Sapphire is the second hardest crystal that Mother Earth has given us. Second only to the Diamond. Many of the large Sapphire deposits are literally the remains of metamorphic or igneous veins of granite and marble weathered away into stream beds and mountain valleys. Sapphire being stronger than granite or marble survive the weathering. All gem quality corundum that is not red (ruby) is called sapphire, although the name is commonly associated with the color blue.

This gemstone used during meditation can help you find your hidden potential, and sharpen the vision of your life's work, it will help you to clear a mental path so you can begin your journey. Sapphires can help work with you to achieve your material dreams and desires, as well as sustain your wealth once it is acquired. The gem will also be of assistance in keeping a balanced perspective, allowing you to better organize your thought processes, ensuring continued success as your material situation evolves. It will also promote fair play and loyalty amongst partners and employees, as well as bring about correct conclusions to potentially unjust situations, if you are in the right.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Topaz

P-11-Mystic-Topaz-and-Dichroic-Glass-Cat-Pendant.jpg

amazonite%20%20topaz.jpg

golden-american-topaz-minas-gerais.jpg

The name topaz comes from the Sanskrit and means fire. Topaz occurs in a range of different colors, a deep golden yellow and pink topaz are, by far, the most valuable. Blue and green stone are also quite popular in modern terms. Natural pink stones are rare, most are simply heat treated yellow stones. Much colorless topaz is irradiated and heat treated to create a range of blues, some almost indistinguishable from aquamarine when seen with the naked eye.

Topaz is said to enhance one's spiritual potential. Legend tells us that it is used to increase intelligence and creativity, impart wisdom which will in turn lead to wealth. The stone of "true love and success in all endeavors", it can be used to promote understanding, compassion, kindness and empathy. It opens the hearts of those who have closed them while at the same time protecting the openhearted from too much pain.