• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clothing: to keep or not to keep...

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Im trying to make more room in my tiny condo, but its hard to let go. I have a sh*t load of 15 pounds ago clothing that Ive been hanging on to for a while now. I have tons of cute one of a kind pieces, really unique stuff...I keep saying that I will fit back in to them, if I get rid of them I will regret it. Anyone have storage ideas? Or should I just donate it all? I might just need a kick in the butt :doh:.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Why not have it tailored to fit you now, if the pieces are really unique?

If you're looking to save space, though, I'd offer it to a friend before I'd donate it. If I really loved the pieces. Or just send it all to me. :p

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol ;) I finally got the nerve to pack one huge box up! :*)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Go through it. I've done the same thing and found that many of the pieces I loved that many years ago and thought I'd never wanna toss are now not my style anymore. The true classics, I keep though ;)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im trying to make more room in my tiny condo, but its hard to let go. I have a sh*t load of 15 pounds ago clothing that Ive been hanging on to for a while now. I have tons of cute one of a kind pieces, really unique stuff...I keep saying that I will fit back in to them, if I get rid of them I will regret it. Anyone have storage ideas? Or should I just donate it all? I might just need a kick in the butt :doh:.

Anything you have not worn in six months =

(1) Sell consignment
(2) Give to Friends

OR

(3) Donate to Goodwill

Trust me, I've moved waaaaay too many times, and this is the only technique I have used that creates adequate space AND gives you a little room to grow into that space...and also gives you a smashing excuse to go clothes shopping. Woot! :woot:

:newwink:

-Halla

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i have a box. where i throw things in.
and if i don't touch it for three months.
i donate it.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
One beautiful Muslim tradition I have heard of (I think it is done during Ramadan) is to donate the clothes you haven't worn for a year to charity.

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If they're unique, you can probably sell them to a consignment store. If you don't fit into them anymore, be realistic with yourself. If you REALLY think you're going to lose weight in the near future, keep them. If not, just sell them and get some stuff that actually fits you, or just enjoy the extra space in your apartment.