• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm fcking broke recipes

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so what are some good recipes for when you have zero dollars to spend?

I made one up this morning I didn't know how it would turn out but better than i expected. of course i already had the olive oil and chick peas and ramen and eggs.

cook ramen noodles according to the package drain put a small amount of olive oil in the pan and turn the heat to low,add these
tyb-001402.jpg
add the noodles, spice packet, and a beaten egg stir and fry. the spices from the chick peas actually compliment the flavor packet from the ramen. I don't really like ramen.

i suppose you can make your own spiced chick peas as well

O

Oberon

Boil rice. When it's done, turn the heat down and throw in a can of beans (any kind will do), one chopped onion, a chunk of butter or margarine, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir it up and put the lid on, and leave it alone until the onion is cooked (ten or twenty minutes). I also like to add hot peppers and ginger to this mix, but they're not necessary. What you've got at the end will fill your belly and taste good for pennies per serving.

2474740764_171d663f16_o.jpg

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Penne
Safeway Vodka Sauce (sold at Vons)
Parmesan Cheese

Less than $5 gets you several meals.

gromit

likes this
Boil rice. When it's done, turn the heat down and throw in a can of beans (any kind will do), one chopped onion, a chunk of butter or margarine, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir it up and put the lid on, and leave it alone until the onion is cooked (ten or twenty minutes). I also like to add hot peppers and ginger to this mix, but they're not necessary. What you've got at the end will fill your belly and taste good for pennies per serving.

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say!

O

Oberon

The first year my wife and I were married, we found ourselves in the first week of January with cupboards bare and checking account empty. There were paychecks due on Friday, but this was, like, Tuesday.

We dug through the couch cushions and all through the car, under the seats, under the floormats, down in the console... when we were done we found we had just under two dollars in change. That was enough in those days to get us one loaf of the cheapo store-brand white bread, and one of the small jars of cheapo peanut butter. We lived for three days on peanut butter sandwiches and water.

I think we had a half a jar of jelly in the fridge, so I had some J with my PB. Mrs. Oberon doesn't like jelly on her peanut butter sandwiches, so she ate hers dry. :D

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You can do wonders with a can of tuna, a bag of pasta, and frozen peas. Add a little pasta sauce, or mayo ...

O

Oberon

You might get an adventurous friend or two together, go to the local grocery store, and do some dumpster diving.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Bread + Butter/Margarine + Cheese = Grilled Cheese Sammich

GrilledCheeseSandwich.jpg

Pot of Boiling Water + Butter/Margarine + Milk + KD Box = Kraft Dinner!

kraft.jpg

Wraps are also pretty cheap, just flatbread and whatever insides you want: Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
here are 10 Foolproof ways to stay alive when the going gets tough.

1) dumpster diving
2) deal cocaine to make bank
3) fast and build spiritual awareness
4) pasta and bread
5) find a boyfriend who you can mooch off of
6) steal money from your mom's purse
7) sell yourself for money down at the corner
8) go huntin'. get yo self a gun or a knife and find yo self some game.
9) go fishing.
10) become a begger.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
When I'm broke... I find Campbell's Cream of __________ soups become my best friend... I've made so many casseroles by throwing a can of one of those soups, some canned veggies, rice or pasta, and some meat into a casserole dish and baking it.

If I'm really broke I'll get the Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup, pasta noodles, and ground beef and mix it together and bake it... Makes a pretty decent amount of casserole that lasts for a couple of days.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Sloppy Joes. Ground beef, and either a can of sauce (which I personally hate) or make your own sauce with ketchup and mustard (And I like adding barbecue sauce).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
taco seasoning,refried beans, canned tomatoes with chili's (aka rotel), and cheese combined is edible and satisfies mexican food cravings

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
1 can of navy beans - under a dollar
1 can of diced tomatoes - under a dollar
1 tsp. garlic (optional)
1 cup onion (optional)
Frozen cheese raviolis - 2 -3 dollars

Mix beans, tomatoes, garlic and onion in a pot on the stove for 45 minutes.. (low heat)

Boil water, throw in the pasta, cook until they float to the top.

Done. And there are usually leftovers.
So you get 2 hearty and healthy meals for around 5$

Lark

Not been able to find a good link or reference for butchering stray cats and dogs but hey, depends how broke you are I imagine.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When Im broke:

-pbj sandwhich with milk.

-cereal.

-hotlinks, a side of rice, and eggs over medium.

-hotlinks mixed with boxed mac n cheese.

-turkey, chedder, onion, toasted bagel sandwich with mustard.

-deviled eggs.

-cheese quesadilla.

-spaghetti.