• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Juicers are AWESOME!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I stole my mum's juicing machine and have fallen in love! Nothing on a the supermarket drinks fridge comes close to fresh, 100% natural fruit juice! :wubbie:

Gimme some cool combos to try. What fruit with what fruit (or veggies if you prefer) push your buttons just right?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Asian Persuasion: Lychee, ginger, mango + orange juice + ice + vanilla almond milk
Sweet Tart: Strawberry, gala apple, cantaloupe, lime + ice
Ginger Kid: Carrot + ginger + orange + orange juice + ice
Blendy Mary: Tomato, celery, salt + pepper, Worcestershire, Tabasco, tomato juice, rosemary
All American: Mango, orange, strawberry + orange juice + ice + scoop of vanilla; garnish with pineapple wedge

Mole

Permabanned
Vitamix or Blendtec

I stole my mum's juicing machine and have fallen in love! Nothing on a the supermarket drinks fridge comes close to fresh, 100% natural fruit juice! :wubbie:

Juicers lack fibre.

Juicers don't give us the whole fruit, and it is whole foods that are the most nourishing.

Blenders give us whole foods and are delicious.

We do need a blender of 2 or 3 horsepower like the Vitamix blender or the better Blendtec blender with the four inch blade.

And with either blender we can make delicious green smoothies from fruit and vegetables.

And either blender is more than a blender as it can do everything from making ice cream to hot soup.

A 2 or 3 horse power blender is more a way of life that leads to good health and happiness.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But I didn't steal my mum's blender, I stole her juicer! Feel free to give me your blender recipes :)

I'm particularly looking for something that's good with beetroots (but not with carrot or celery).

Sweet Tart: Strawberry, gala apple, cantaloupe, lime + ice
All American: Mango, orange, strawberry + orange juice + ice + scoop of vanilla; garnish with pineapple wedge

Yoink and yoink! I have stocked up on those ingredients (well I'm hoping cantaloupe and mango aren't necessary as they aren't in season) and will be testing! :wubbie:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yoink and yoink! I have stocked up on those ingredients (well I'm hoping cantaloupe and mango aren't necessary as they aren't in season) and will be testing! :wubbie:

You're not gonna try my Asian Persuasion? But the name was so awesome! And c'mon...Ginger Kid? Carrots and ginger? :cheese:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
38852_1321719053096_1534430057_30692485_1898241_n.jpg

cool. i regularly juice-feast.

the best fruits to use are of course organic.
and tree ripen fruit... oh! taste bud orgasm.

i love:
orange + mango + kale
fuji apples + pears + peaches
guava + peaches
pineapples + lime + orange + a few basil leaves... mmhmm....

and orange blossom oil.

juice is great, but man, i love green smoothies.
and cleaning up the juicer is so :(

so i'm a total vitamix advocate too. 3hp.
bzz bzz. all done!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're not gonna try my Asian Persuasion? But the name was so awesome! And c'mon...Ginger Kid? Carrots and ginger? :cheese:

Carrot is the most vial "food" about :sick:

Dunno, just always had a major thing with it, my mum is pushing me so hard to just put a bit of carrot in with something else and tells me I won't be able to taste it but I gots to tell ya, ain't gonna happen! I've been a vegatarian for over 15 years and you'd have a better chance of getting me to eat a piece of steak :D

The Asian Persuasion one is worth trying fo' sure but I can't get mango or lychee atm so I expect it would disappoint.

the best fruits to use are of course organic.
and tree ripen fruit... oh! taste bud orgasm.

I have lemon, peach, mandarine and orange trees... only the lemons are in season atm though.

orange + mango + kale
fuji apples + pears + peaches
guava + peaches
pineapples + lime + orange + a few basil leaves... mmhmm....

I was so bummed I couldn't find guava's! But I have fuji apples and pears, I've educated myself on what kale is and I'm going to see if I can get peaches and a pineapple at the markets on the weekend.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
oooh lemon tree. zest!
or some limoncello ...

apple + celery + dash of lemon = very cooling

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I enjoy juicing, but found that it was such a hassle to clean the juicer afterward. Are there easier to clean juicers produced now?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

I thought so too, so I went and got a somewhat pricey, state of the art one. It's now gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere but, while I was still enamoured with it, I often made a carrot + ginger concoction. Refreshing!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you wish, takes some beats, roast and remove the skin, and add chocolate.

Otherwise, a good smoothie recipe is:
Dates (remove the pit!) + beets + cashews + hemp milk + promegranate seeds / goji berries.

I'll let you modify the above to best work with a juicer - if it's even possible!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Asian Persuasion: Lychee, ginger, mango + orange juice + ice + vanilla almond milk
God, that sounds fantastic! :drool:

I thought so too, so I went and got a somewhat pricey, state of the art one. It's now gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere, but while I was still enamoured with it, I often made a carrot + ginger concoction. Refreshing!
Best with apples. And soooo good for you! I have a Champion that I imported from the US.

Mango, apple and passion fruit is nice too. And sometimes I buy packets of frozen berries - raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blackberries and blend them all together to make a frozen smoothy. No ice required.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
God, that sounds fantastic! :drool:

Best with apples. And soooo good for you! I have a Champion that I imported from the US.

Mango, apple and passion fruit is nice too. And sometimes I buy packets of frozen berries - raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blackberries and blend them all together to make a frozen smoothy. No ice required.

Anything with mango + passionfruit is a WIN.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
my fav juice combos:

green apple and beetroot
carrot, pineapple, ginger, lemongrass
watermelon and mint topped up with sparkling water

i hate cleaning my juicer too - it sucks my will to live.

my fav blender combos:

avocado, greek yog, bonsoy, honey
banana, fresh nutmeg, cinnamon, greek yog, bonsoy, honey

H

Hate

Ah, yes... Juicers are indeed awesome.

I used to have a really fancy juicer and went on a juicing spree for a while. But I think the clean up it took afterwards kinda burned me out. My juicing habits got so out of control that I was even drinking straight up broccoli juice for a while just to try it.

I have this one random memory actually. I remember being really pissed off one day and it was very visible. So one of my homeys walks up to me trying to be funny and goes, "Damn, what happened man? Did somebody break your juicer?"
Damn... now that I think about it, I kind of miss juicing.

I had to put down the hardcore juicing and now I stick to using the Magic Bullet. I just use it to blend a bunch of random fruits together and the clean up is pretty easy.

images

If I was a rapper, this would be my album cover... After all, my name is Juice.

images