• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Food Rules

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
(I seriously need to go grocery shopping)

I have a very sensitive stomach so I can't eat anything too weird. Like people who want oil and vinegar and hot peppers on their sandwiches. Also, combination of sugary and salty taste - NO NO. I prefer salty to sugary. I don't like beans. I like to be surprised and slightly different combination. I am not a big fan of cheese - no raviolis. I do not eat things with the heads still attached. I am not a picky eater overall.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Shrimp, lobster and many of the shelled animals like clams, oysters, mussels etc have a texture that I can't stand to have in my mouth. Kind of springy, like chewing fat or something. Or they taste a little fishy. I'm pretty openminded (even tried escargot), but I despite wanting to like them, I don't like any of these.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I cannot eat brains!! The slimy texture makes my stomach turn.

I also loathe eggs that have been cooked and still have clear globular whites on them - my yolk must be cooked but not hard and poached eggs or fried must be on toast. I won't eat them any other way. I object to food being drowned in tomato sauce (Aussie less spicy version of Ketchup) and hate it that my husband drowns a good steak or baked dinner in worcestershire sauce.

Loved the Canadian bacon and eggs and maple syrup and have since coming home eaten it here. Hate that Aussie bacon is always sliced so thick it needs to be almost burnt to be crispy!

I will only eat a good, freshly baked Aussie meat pie (about 6" x 4" and favourite Aussie takeaway for years) but don't like it with Tomato Sauce which is the usual accompaniment. I also need to peel off the lid of the pie before eating it - I am terrified of the meat coming out under pressure and burning me if I take a bite with the lid on.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I will eat anything you give me. except poop, sharp objects, radioactive or poisonous chemicals, or people. those are my four bugaboos.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... no spam, no organs (I've tried most of them that are commonly consumed and wasn't a fan... weird textures :sick:), no ramen noodles, no to boxed dinners, no canned fruits or vegetables (frozen or fresh please!) no processed cheese products (especially Cheeze Wiz... which scares me :ninja:), nothing dyed an unnatural color, no overcooked pasta or vegetables, no bologna, no mushrooms, no canned chicken (it tastes funny!), no white sandwich bread, I dislike most vegetables cooked, and even then I prefer the others steamed, and unless it's chocolate covered pretzels I don't like salty/sweet combos... for a start :blush:

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I was a kid I absolutely COULD NOT have anything on my plate touching. Unless it was gravy on a meat or a potato.
My dad used to make pork chops 'n rice 'n gravy. I liked everything on its own, but holy crap I can't stand gravy on rice, even to this day. I kept trying to like it, but finally I just gave up on it.
Too much fat on a meat. Nowadays I just cut it off, but when I was a kid I would have a fit over it. But then again I threw a lot of fits when I was a kid.
"Chewing the fat." That phrase sounds TERRIBLE.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I rotate my plate so the thing I'm eating at the moment is in front of me. Good thing spaghetti is my favorite food. No rotation needed.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I can't do raw sushi. I have tried it many times, but can't get past the texture.

Vienna sausage is the vilest thing on the planet. I could throw up just thinking about it. My friend's brother will DRINK THE JUICE from the can just to gross us out.

I hate yellow mustard.

I hate fruit mixed in with my chocolate. There's nothing worse than thinking you're getting full-on chocolate cake, only to have some kind of fruity filling between the layers.

Bread pudding is not a dessert. And it has a weird texture.

I'm grossed out by the chicken they put in frozen dinners. Even if the frozen dinner itself isn't bad.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my no no's: rare meat, horse radish, ginger, wasabi, gyro meat, intestines, balut.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like things touching, but I alternate bites. It makes everything taste more interesting when you don't get used to the flavour after a few bites. I ration it so everything is done at the same time, too.

And as much as I love love love sushi, raw and cooked, I can't eat sashimi...just the texture combined with the cold fishy taste :sick: but slap it on some rice and I'll eat it, lol - nigiri is ok though maki rolls are still my favourite, pedestrian though they are, I'm sure.

I've refused to eat gross-sounding things like brains, intestines, tongues, kidneys, chicken feet so far, though perhaps if they're prepared so they look appetizing, I'd try it. liver is ok but not something I'd choose to have.

Processed cheese is really, really gross though marginally tolerable on hamburgers and grilled cheese, but not nearly as good as real cheese. Canned meat is digusting (fish is ok). Whole-wheat processed bread is gross, higher quality whole wheat is edible though I vastly prefer sourdough or rye or white wheat. Actually processed bread is pretty gross in general. The only vegetable I don't like (I think) is brussels sprouts. Pretty much everything else is delicious when prepared right.

But I really like a lot of things! I don't think I'm all that picky compared to most people, though my list is getting pretty long, lol...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I used to have serious issues with food touching when I was young. Doesn't faze me as much anymore but I still prefer to keep foods apart.

I also find processed cheese gross. I thought I hated cheese as a kid because back then, my main exposure was things like ez-cheese and velveeta which I gagged on. I like alot of the non-processed cheeses.

I also can't stand eating liver, squid, drinking beer, cottage cheese, bolonga, hot dog weiners, and I only like eggs when they're scrambled.

Other than that I like most everything and I'm willing to try almost anything once within reason. Probably not any of the stuff they show on fear factor.

There are several foods I didn't like growing up that I do now. Like beets, celery, sour cream, cheese (other than the processed stuff), green olives (I only ate the black ones), and coffee. When you get older, you start losing taste buds so things don't taste as strong as they did when you were young. Kids tend to be pickier eaters because alot of things taste stronger than they would to adults.

I like brussel sprouts and I'm one of the few people I know who does.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't mix food with alcohol, as it will make the alcohol less effective. :cheers:

O

Oberon

Dang... beef liver is the best, if properly pan-fried in bacon fat with flour coating, salt, pepper, and onions, and then served with greasy-ass gravy over rice.

It's the FOOD OF THE GODS, people!!!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I rotate my plate so the thing I'm eating at the moment is in front of me. Good thing spaghetti is my favorite food. No rotation needed.

I do this same thing.... And I don't always just eat one thing at a time...so I end up with a constant rotation going sometimes....