• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Backpacking/camping foods

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Risen, probably best hiking/camping food I know of is the Cliff Bar.

They're like energy bars made with organic ingredients and soy beans and one bar is the equivalent of an entire meal. They pack almost 300 calories.

I eat them ALL the time when I hike and they give you noticable energy, are very good for you, and quench hunger. They're cheap, and you could easily fit 20 of them in a backpack with all the other stuff.

clifbars.jpg

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Risen, probably best hiking/camping food I know of is the Cliff Bar.

They're like energy bars made with organic ingredients and soy beans and one bar is the equivalent of an entire meal. They pack almost 300 calories.

I eat them ALL the time when I hike and they give you noticable energy, are very good for you, and quench hunger. They're cheap, and you could easily fit 20 of them in a backpack with all the other stuff.

clifbars.jpg

How much would 20 cost?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
$20-$27. I bought some from a grocery store in florida for $0.75 a pop. and those were my favorite kind (banana nut bread)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Clif bars are great. I've never used them for backpacking but I give them to my kids for breakfast when we oversleep. :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oddly, I collect cliff bar rappers. I never collect stuff, but I decided to keep them. I have over 60 and the other day I poked holes in them, took some hemp string, and strung them up around my room. thought I'd share that with ya'll.

Windigo

Canned food can't be your main food source, obviously, due to waste of weight and space, but a couple of cans doesn't matter so much.

How the heck did she pack 75 pounds of canned food into your backpack?

My mom was the consummate packer! Haha!

Thanks Ivy!

...except, I'm actually trying to be a less well-fed backpacker. :cheese:

You and me both JAVO! LOL

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
So, on my previous trip I took some trail mix, raisins, italian dry salami, gouda and provolone cheese, tortillas, banana bread, etc. I've gotta say, the salami, cheese, and tortilla combo is pure win. Delicious, salty, and energizing. Definitely doing that every time i go backpacking, but I think I'll replace the gouda for a different type of cheese, probably jack. The cheaper gouda I picked up didn't taste good to me, though I did try some elsewhere that had a great bacon taste to it.