• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

shoo it outside or squish it?

what do you do if you find an insect in the house?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes... the man has no fear of other creatures, just bugs :doh:

somehow, he's fine with camping though :laugh: it's so strange to have to continually save a man from small little insects and such!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
yes... the man has no fear of other creatures, just bugs :doh:

somehow, he's fine with camping though :laugh: it's so strange to have to continually save a man from small little insects and such!
Mine doesn't make me save him, but the few times I took him fishing, I had to bait his hook. I don't take him fishing anymore. Not that he really wanted to go in the first place. *sigh*

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
large men who fear baiting their hooks are kind of funny... I'm usually bait slave when fishing... and the one to touch the fish as well :dry:

you're lucky there... he always WANTS to go fishing :doh:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
It depends on my mood at the time I think.
Squish, put it outside or trap it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't feel as bad when I occasionally flush the bug down the toilet. Even if there is a crap in it. Its as if God wants this bug to live it will survive. Almost completely feel absolved from responsibility when I flush a bug.

I like spiders and its supposed to be bad luck to kill spiders so I give them special priority accommodations and throw them out the door nestled in tissue paper.

wolfy

awsm
What if it's not a spider but a rhino? Do you squish a rhino, or shoo it gently out the door?

I guess that is a bit like the old rule for where you let gorillas sit... Anywhere they damn well please.

O

Oberon

Mine doesn't make me save him, but the few times I took him fishing, I had to bait his hook. I don't take him fishing anymore. Not that he really wanted to go in the first place. *sigh*

Wussy man. The rule for anyone that goes fishing with me is, if you're over the age of five, you put on your own bait and take off your own fish, regardless of gender.

Atomic Fiend

Whatever is more convenient. Sometimes it's late at night, and it's somewhere out of the way and I'll leave it alone. Sometimes it's midday and it's in my face and I'll squish it. Sometimes it's close to the front door and I feel like freeing one of gods creatures, so I let it out.

Curwhibble

MBTI Type
INFP
I usually leave them be unless they're wasps/bees and that's because should I get stung then i'll die, so they get shooed out. I don't like killing things unnecessarily and there's certainly no need for me to squish a spider/fly. Then again I like creepy crawlies, not going to squish them when my house is full of tarantulas, roaches, snails and mantids :blush:

LucrativeSid

If I murder something just because it's scary or disgusting to me, then I'm letting fear control me and I am weak. Usually I just co-exist with the bugs. I don't even bother moving them outside. It's more about me than the bugs, though, so I will kill them if I think it's necessary.

Good people turn into Sith Lords whenever there are bugs around. It's sad.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Wussy man. The rule for anyone that goes fishing with me is, if you're over the age of five, you put on your own bait and take off your own fish, regardless of gender.
LOL. He did tell me he didn't like fishing up front and I begged him to come with us. By the time I baited hooks for four kids and him and dealt with fishing line caught in local flora, I didn't get to fish at all. I learned my lesson and only take the one daughter with me now. I think I still end up baiting her hook, though.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I'd collect it in a large, damp container and put it outside so it can trap and eat the mosquitoes!(I need the container because they don't make collars and leashes that small:smile:)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I have a system for eradicating spiders:

1. Find nearest form of tissue, be it toilet tissue or facial.
2. Take spider and squish it in tissue.
3. Find nearest toilet bowl.
4. Flush the spider down the toilet.

Mosquitoes... hate those things. I feel like a magnet to them. They get killed on the spot.

Flies get the swatter. Wasps and yellow jackets get the swatter too. Bees, in theory I'd like to release them because their population hasn't been doing well lately, need pollinators. I end up swatting bees though. In high school, during band rehearsals I slaughtered a wasp with my clarinet case. Was the closest weapon I could find at the moment. I'm not a fan of insects with stingers.

Ladybugs, fireflies, moths, and butterflies get released outside. They don't bug me much.

:shock:

And they say INTPs overcomplicate things! (teasing! ;))

I mostly just go: "Meh... a bug."

Occasionally, one annoys me enough that I engage this strategy:

flies (most likely to annoy): trapped between window and screen (I have mastered this technique! :D)

'skeeter: slap

others: :thinking:

I'm only slightly more likely to do something about the bug if it's my food or drink. :cheese:

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Similar to most of the other answers. Most bugs go outside. So do scary spiders. Small spiders usually get to stay. I'm very laissez-faire about ladybugs. I generally take them outside if for no other reason than to save them from being murdered by my cats, but as far as I'm concerned, they're kind of cute and don't need to leave as long as they don't want to start a family in my flat.

Mosquitoes and ticks usually die. I'm not proud of it, but I have gone on the occasional killing rampage when a situation gets out of hand. The local ants found my kitties' dry food a while back, and they had to be eliminated immediately. I moved the food for a week, sprayed the area with vinegar, and went back to shooing ants outside.

KDude

I pick them and take them out.. Particularly nasty guys get enclosed in something. I kinda like using the clear CD spindle caps.. If I cover the open end with a napkin, it's easy to take them out.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
I love creepy crawlies I like to take them outside and see where they go from there. I will sometimes think about the spider, bettle, ETC later on and wonder where it ended up at lol